Unconscious [33]

By ѕαкυяα

"Why is your mood so- so- I don't even know what it is?" Jungkook said as we were walking towards the parking lot that was illuminated with the color of the dimmed sunlight.

He showed up on my office out of nowhere and then ordered me to bring him home. He reasoned it by saying he was missing me but I assumed it to be something else. I could unquestionably say that he must have crashed his car.

"What?" I replied not really attentive to his rant.

"What what? Are you even listening to what I am saying?" his voice seemed offended so I finally decided to pay attention.

"Sorry I was- I was thinking about something." I stuttered a little.

"No you weren't. You were completely zoned out." Jungkook crossed his arm.

Few days had passed since my confession, well if it was considered as one and things definitely had changed a lot. Our relationship was affected as well.

I couldn't really imply if the change was positive or negative.

Things just changed.

He was still the same, voice laced with coldness but beneath that iciness I could feel a little bit of warmth. Not much just a little but it undeniably warmed my heart as well.  

"Tell me what's wrong Cupcake?" and I couldn't lie to that call of my best friend. I narrated everything. Everything from the beginning till the end. From the article to my confession.

"Wait, so you are telling me that first he treated you like a trash and then started filling you with excuses and then started his life story which melted your heart and you confessed and he just walked out of the graveyard like that? That privileged jerk needs some sense that is yet to be knocked by me." his voice was above whisper.

"Shush, Kook do you want it to be broadcasted throughout Seoul?" i tried to calm him down.

"Then what do you expect me to do? That man just broke my best friend's heart and I would just sit and watch the sow like some Netflix series, right?" Kook said. 

"I don't even understand how could you just forgive him like that. The Yoona I know would kick him right on the shin for disrespecting her. Yet you let him degrade you and then when his bullshits melted your heart you just said something which you yourself knew would wreck you. What is this Yoona? Some romance tragedy?" he was beyond angry.

"Oh Gosh! Why are you riling up? Its not like I didn't expect anything from him. I couldn't even believe myself when I  just forgive him that easily but things aren't  the same Kook. I had just told what I accepted myself but that doesn't mean I was anticipating for a reply. I knew he would walk away." I was myself surprised on the control I had over my voice.

"Oh so you aren't affected by his silent reply. Then tell me what is bothering you? If it isn't Taehyung then what is bothering you?" he asked looking straight to my eyes.

"No, it is Taehyung." I said truthfully. "But it isn't his ignorance towards me, I am used to it, but rather its his indirect doings." I said.

"What? What do you mean?" Jungkook asked but I looked at my wrist watch, it displayed 4:00 p.m.

"Lets talk about this in a café. Bubble tea and your favorite sweet tooth, my treat." I said gesturing towards my car.

"Yoona, something definitely is wrong with you." he said.

"What?" 

"You never propose to pay for anyone other than yourself." and with that he rushed towards the car as i ran after him.