Lilac [40]

By ѕαкυяα

"Have you taken your medicine?" I asked entering with a tray filled with breakfast.

Taehyung was sitting  on the bed, draped in blanket, with his bed hair all disheveled and looking cuddleable, which wasn't even a word but who cared. I almost cooed at the sight of him being all messy and mellow. 

"No I haven't  and I won't ." He said looking towards the window. 

"Taehyung, it has been one month and you are still being so stubborn." I huffed placing the food tray on the side table. 

"I am perfectly fine, why don't you let me go to work?" his voice was annoyed. 

"The bullet didn't exactly hit my heart or any vital organs or bone. It was bellow my shoulder and the injury isn't exactly how everyone is depicting. If it was anything near what everyone is thinking I would be lying here my eyes closed instead of arguing with you." he said in one breathe.

"Taehyung." I sat on his bed my eyes on his wound. It was covered perfectly in bandage, thanks to Eunbin because if it would me then he would end up in hospital again. 

"You know the answer very well yourself. Your wound isn't even near healing. Doctor told you to have bed rest for at least three months and after three months you are allowed to go out a little but  not full time working." I said looking at him and in return got his famous eye roll. I still wonder how his eyes hadn't rolled back permanently.

"Then tell that doctor of yours to handle my work, organize my meetings, give presentations, give employees their allotted money and-" I cut him off.

"Okay, okay I get that but you can still work from home." I reasoned him.

"Yeah and that is a pain in the ass." he grumbled making me laugh.

"Actually you can not yell on people properly, give them orders and you have to spend more time with me rather then cooped up in your office room." I finished my sentence in a sarcastic tone.

Not gonna lie, I still felt like we were misfits.

"And why do you think that?" he asked.

"What? I know how much you yell at your employees-"

"No, about spending time with you?" he asked with a low voice.

"Because that is the truth. Isn't it?" I looked at him smiling.

"Actually Taehyung I know. I know why you like drowning yourself in piles of paperwork. Why you prefer spending time in your office instead of home." my voice was a little firmer.

"What do you-"

"It is because you are scared, scared that you might let someone enter your fort, that you have build through years. The iron sheath that was wrapped around you was the you to the outside world. The you that was cold and emotionless. Actually you were fighting with yourself Tae. You were keeping yourself inside layers of ice thinking it would save you from resurrection of your past. You feared love actually. You thought that you might end up in the place of your parents if you let anyone in and so you went all business. At least that way you would know that the love part would be a void rather than falling and hurting later." I paused for a moment glancing shortly at his expression and it was rather of amusement and surprise.

"But sorry to break it to you but you failed miserably Tae. You distanced yourself, became all aloof so that nobody could hurt you in the name of love but in reality you were hurting yourself and in this fiasco you forgot to love yourself. In this hurdle of protecting yourself you never really tried to know yourself, trust yourself, speak yourself." I gently placed my hand on his shoulder and looked at his eyes that were filled with so much more than just surprise. It was filled with unreadable emotions, clearly showing that what I said was what he had been denying to accept.