𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 )
❛ A LOT TO LEARN ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟮𝟵, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

     EVELYN & MELANIE were having lunch in atlantic city to get away from the boys for a while. paul's attitude didn't help evelyn's mindset either. she had received a lot of negative criticism before, but somehow, it didn't compare to the way paul had lashed out at her yesterday.

      "i really fucked up, mel." she blurted, not listening to a word her friend was rambling on about.

     "took ya long enough to realize." she scoffed before sipping on her water. evelyn tilted her head at melanie's unusually callous response.

     "i'm sorry eve, but i'm tired of giving you the benefit of the doubt and fluffing you up when you hurt paul time and time again," melanie explained.

     evelyn truly didn't mean to hurt paul, or at least not recently. before the tour, she wouldn't even have given it a second thought before publishing a nasty remark about him. and that's what egged her the most. paul was right when he said she stayed relevant by ripping on other people.

     though it took her a while to ascertain the extent of her insensitiveness, she was tired of always putting up this facade of coldness. but the fact that it was paul mccartney who made her decide she wanted to better herself might've said more about him, and her feelings than she thought.

     "but what if, what if he's only interested in a good time, and i fall hard, and he decides he's tired of it and leaves . . . is that so crazy to think about? — am i crazy?" she leaned forward, now thinking aloud.

      it wasn't hard to open up to melanie given they've known one another since they were children. and it seemed evelyn needed her best friend more than anything right now with changing personality.

      "of course not, eve. it's perfectly reasonable for you to have these thoughts given what you've been through. i'm just suggestin' that you give paul a chance." she replied with a small, comforting smile.

      "i just don't know what to do." evelyn winced, caressing her temples. "i want to see where this leads me but i'm scared." she knew she'd be lying if she said she didn't like flirting with paul, casually touching his arm, or even just simply being in his presence.

     "because you fancy him!" melanie hollered excitedly, turning a few heads in the restaurant. once the attention on them adverted, she said in a low tone,"that's the thing; it's okay to feel unsure when you enter a new relationship. that's why you go out on dates, get to know one another. and then you'll just know."