𝗹. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 )
❛ I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟲, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

EVELYN DIDN'T feel too terribly bad about how she left thanksgiving dinner at her parents. she had been longing to confront her family, and now that she was an adult, who was going to stop her?

but evelyn did feel awful for paul. she was so angry at the fact that her parents wouldn't even give him a chance — wouldn't even look him in the eye.

and after everything that paul had done for her, evelyn firmly believed that he was the last person to be her parents' next victim.

in the car ride back to evelyn's apartment, the couple remained silent, both too embarrassed to address the recent events.

paul was now insecure with his appearance and thought that he had made evelyn look comical in front of her family, whereas evelyn was ashamed of her family's behavior, scared paul might change his opinion of her.

but once they got home, their self-doubts began to subside as they lost themselves within evelyn's new silk sheets.

their bodies were magnetized, both holding onto one another for dear life as if each breath of pleasure that escaped their lips would be their last.

it was rather quiet, serene, and warm, for they desperately tried to make the other feel better about thanksgiving dinner.

now, they lied in evelyn's bed, their legs intertwined and their faces flushed with the color of roses, listening to the light midnight traffic from down below.

"i'm sorry." evelyn whispered, caressing the side of his face that lay on the pillow.

her apology had finally broken the silence between them since they arrived home.

"don't be." he kissed her palm. "i'm sorry for draggin' ye there and puttin' ye through that."

paul figured he only had a taste of what evelyn had endured for eighteen years, and that broke his heart. especially since he was the one who made her relive that agony.

"thanks, paulie, but i know how much that meeting meant to you and i just wish it went better." she sighed. "i don't want it to drive ya away . . ."

she wouldn't blame him if he decided not to stick around for her parents' ridicule. hell, evelyn lost count of the times even she attempted to run away from home.

"i love you, evelyn," he promised, brushing his lips against her knuckles before bringing her hand to his chest. "you said i was yer family now, and that's what i wanna be. i promise."