𝘅𝗶𝘅. 𝗮 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 )
❛ CAN'T GET A STIFFY ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟭𝟵, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

MELANIE RUSSELL and evelyn fox have been inseparable since the first grade. all they had was each other and if one was down, the other would be there to pick them up. melanie had never seen evelyn so cheery recently. it seemed paul's company was affecting her.

whenever she'd come back from chatting with him, melanie noticed how evelyn would be unawarely smiling or humming while she worked. the blonde hadn't done that in almost two years, and melanie would do whatever it takes to get the old evelyn back.

that meant she would have to confront paul about jane . . .

it appeared paul was smitten with evelyn so jane's presence confused melanie — angered her more than anything.

after wishing george and evelyn a good afternoon before their one-on-one interview, melanie stood before paul's hotel room. she knocked on the door harshly and repeatedly until paul opened it.

"mel!" he jumped. paul could tell by melanie's icy glare that she had come to talk about evelyn. "sorry, but i'm kind of in the middle of somethin'." he said nervously, looking behind him.

"oh, you have no idea." she stated dryly, referring to the situation he had found himself in. she walked passed him, letting herself in.

"sorry we weren't properly introduced yesterday." she said, instantly greeting the redhead that sat at the dining table. "i'm melanie, i work for evelyn." the girls shook hands but jane remained seated.

"jane." she smiled with a nod. "what brings you here?"

"well," melanie began, clasping her hands together, "i finished my work early and figured i'd spend some time with you guys — you know, for the paper."

paul saw what melanie was trying to do and he didn't want to make matters worse by bringing up evelyn in front of his former lover. "you don't have to do that mel — "

"oh, but i think the right thing to do is make it clear that you're unavailable, presuming you two are still together," she replied curtly, making paul feel even more guilty for not telling evelyn the whole truth.