𝘅𝘅𝘅. 𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲-𝗶𝗻𝘀

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 )
❛ YOU REALLY ARE A WONDER ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟯𝟬, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

     TO SAY that evelyn was nervous about her date with paul was an understatement. it's been a few years since she went on a first date. she felt unprepared, but nevertheless, was excited to spend some time with paul alone.

     after doing some self-reflection, she knew she had subconsciously fallen for the younger scouse man and it seemed that he made her want to be better. paul stood in the hotel lobby at ten o'clock as he then watched evelyn enter, his lips instantly parting in awe.

     he noticed her wearing the aquamarine-jeweled watch he had bought for her in australia, which paired nicely with her light blue sheath dress. her hair was pinned up and her lips were a glossy shade of bubblegum pink that looked all too enticing. she didn't overdress but she definitely stood out in a crowd.

     they greet one another with smiles and blushes before evelyn takes paul's hand and leads him to the rental car parked at the back of the hotel so they wouldn't be seen. paul insisted on driving and evelyn gave him directions to their first destination.

     the sun had set on the warm summer evening in new jersey, the city now being lit up only by the eccentric lights from the casinos. paul cocked a brow in amusement when he pulled up in front of an ice cream parlor. evelyn let out a squeal of excitement when the lights in the shop were still and a middle-aged man in a white shirt was wiping down one of the tables, getting ready to close.

     paul knocked on the door and the owner looked up, instantly going pale when he recognized both of their faces. he quickly opens the door and they ask if the man wouldn't mind staying open for just another twenty minutes or so and he happily obliges.

     paul didn't hesitate to order a bowl of rocky road. "vanilla please." evelyn smiled sweetly.

      "okay, there's gonna be some rules if we're going to have a serious relationship," he stopped her. "and one of those rules is branching out your ice cream flavors."

     evelyn widened her eyes a bit at the idea of not eating vanilla. it was a safe option. always predictable. but she knew tonight she'd have to cross some boundaries to test their relationship and so she let paul order her a bowl of mint chocolate chip.

      he then gives the owner a generous amount of cash as a form of hush money about their presence this evening. they took their ice cream and sat down at a booth near the back of the shop while be my baby by the ronettes was quietly playing from the jukebox across from them.