𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝘁𝘆

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧  )
❛ GETTIN' SWEETER AND SWEETER ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝘀𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

"NOW IS that how you talk about your sister?" the voice, the fiery red locks, and the excessive amount of lancôme perfume was enough to make evelyn freeze with anxiety.

she furrowed her brows and stared at the woman standing in the doorway, ignoring everyone else in the room. her surroundings had blurred and her hearing was shot.

the woman was dressed head to toe in prada, her fingernails freshly manicured, and her strawberry locks falling elegantly past her shoulders. it took every muscle in evelyn's body to restrain herself from throwing up because of her sister's presence.

"sister?" paul asked, standing up from the bed. "you never told me you had a sister," he stated confusingly, pulling evelyn back into the moment.

"that's because the last time i checked, i didn't." she spat, glaring at the woman.

evelyn and priscilla fox loathed one another the minute evelyn was brought home from the hospital. any conversation they had usually ended in someone being scratched until blood was drawn.

it was hard for either of them to think of a happy memory shared with one another and they never knew why. they were just naturally rivals.

"oh don't be silly. we're family!" priscilla insisted with a wave of her polished hand, a nine-carat diamond — that could be seen from outer space — resting on her ring finger.

"oh really?" she rested a hand on her hip. "two years ago, your wedding invitations said 'friends and family only' and since i didn't get one . . ." evelyn implied.

"well how could you know what it said if you didn't get one?" she asked with a nervous chuckle.

"oh, i got one. i went to the reception. beautiful party, really." melanie chimes in, trying to mediate the heated tension in the room. but all she earned was a glare from her friend.

"i'll wait out in the hall." brian awkwardly announced. "right behind ya." melanie quickly added, exiting the room and closing the door behind her so only the trio was left.

"are you going to introduce me to this handsome fella, or have you lost all etiquettes?" priscilla frowned distastefully at evelyn.