Chapter 18 ❅

"I'm homee

"I'm homee.!"

"Hannie? You're back?"

"Yeah."

"I have good news for youu!"

Jisung looked at his mother who was casually skipping her way out of the kitchen smiling.

"What is the news about?"

"They're shortening my contract but I'm still getting the same pay!"

"Woah what?! Actually?! Wait why?"

"It's cos I'm getting older..hehe"

"You're still in you early 30s."

"Yeah but lately they care about the age too much, so they're doing this to pretty much all the workers who's over 30. But that's a good thing honestly!"

"So when will you stop?"

"Next month! hehe!" She said smiling bright as ever.

"Omg mom! FINALLY! Use the money you get from it for the medical bills and the moneys you owe!"

"No I'm going to give it to you first! Until you finish your study then I'll pay them all back!"

"Mom...no. I won't even take a penny of your money until you've payed all your debt!" Jisung protested.

"No! I got a job in a cafe! I can manage!"

"Mom..I also kinda got a one time job that might be able to pay a bit of the medical bill."

Mrs.Han eyes widened. "HANNIE! Why? No! don't! You need to focus on your study!"

"No no it's fine! It's just once!" "And I'll make sure I'll do good so that I can earn a lot!"

Mrs.Han sighed. "Our medical bill is a lot, you do know that."

"Yeah..I do. But with your $50000 and mine, we might at least cover half of it, including the money you got from the cafe?"

"Is your pay that much?! What job are you doing?"

Jisung paused not knowing how to reply his mother. Should he just say it? No it's embarrassing.

"I'll tell you one day mom.."

His mother looked at him suspiciously.

"As long as you're not selling yourself I'm fine." She said teasingly

"Hmmph, Unlike you I wouldn't do such a thing!"

"I did it for you tho.!" His mother answer mockingly.

"Sighh a burden.." she said teasingly.

"Yah!"

They continued their normal bickering and finally, night came.