2.

"What did you do?" Justin stood in front of my desk with a cocked brow. "What do you mean? What could I have possibly done?" He stalks closer with his hands clenched into fists.

"You're the only one capable of getting 10 people fired in one morning. Whatever you did to Mr. Lamont fix it before more people get jobless." I finally got what he meant. Hugh was on a warpath because yesterday I wanted to leave and since that anger couldn't be directed to me the workers are getting the brunt of that anger.

"I'm really sorry for those guys." I was barely audible but Justin got it.

"What exactly happened Mel?" Leaning back with a sigh I start going through all that happened yesterday.

"Wow, that is a lot. But you do know what he's doing is a literal crime, right? Forced celibacy included." I understood it all and yes I know it was a crime but Hugh was a mafia boss before he became Mr. Lamont the billionaire even if I report it nothing will happen, I don't want people dead.

"I know that, but there isn't anything I can do about it." Justin scoffs and takes a sip of my coffee which was on the desk. "You know you're 26 and he's 32, he should have little Lamonts running around and not being a savage brute from the dark ages when fire was considered magic." We both chuckle a bit.

"I don't know what he wants Justin, I asked him yesterday like I told you, he's just giving me the same response. I just want to live my own life." Another heavy sigh escapes my nostrils, I'm mentally exhausted.

"I don't get why you complain so much if I was gay and Mr. Lamont treats me like that hell I wouldn't complain." Simon slams a pile of paperwork on my desk and stands by Justin. These two guys weren't my friends in the eyes of Hugh, they were workmates. As long as that was what he assumed they wouldn't lose their jobs.

"Try being me for 8 and a half years, no sex and you've only been kissed once on the cheek before the man disappears." Simon looked horrified. "Nah man I'm good with my life."

"Exactly what I thought."

"Anyway moving on, can you try to fix your mess before the whole floor is fired, I'm not exactly in the mood to be in an HR Crisis looking for new employees and handling all the processes of payments with finance." Justin's stare was hopeful but there was nothing I could do which wouldn't earn me more trouble than I already had.

"I don't know how, when I'm struggling to get a life with the capability of choosing my own coffee." Simon chuckles as Justin finishes the black no cream, soy coffee. "You two are messed up. Oh shit, he's coming this way."

"Who?" Abruptly standing up I look through the glass panel to the meeting room where Hugh was.

"Mr. Lamont." The eye-roll makes him turn back to me. "That's not Mr. Lamont idiot." Simon smacks the back of his head.

"I've told you before, Hugh is a Black Latin-American male, his skin color is not that of a caucasian male it's just lighter. His icy blue eyes are just different." Justin nods. "You hate the man yet I bet you know his waistline length and his favorite cologne." Simon wasn't wrong I knew both of those down to the brand of boxers he wore. Remaining silent was my answer.

"You're hopeless, your black gay perverted ass is going to hell." I scoff and turn away from Justin after his statement. "Simon tell him being gay doesn't make me perverted and being black doesn't mean I automatically qualify to go to hell." He laughs holding on to the desk.

"Way to be nasty Mel." We both laugh. "Anyway please tell me the big bad at least allowed you to have lunch outside of the office." The barely visible shake of the head answers for me. "Just try to get him to let you out for only an hour, seriously you're a grown man yet you still have to ask for approval."

"It's not his fault at the end of the day, We will be by the usual diner if he lets you out. Okay?" I nod as they leave. They were the only people who kept me sane in my life. They would always come up to the 52nd floor where Mr. Lamont's office was located along with my own and the CFO, I was his secretary well the second one.

Hugh wanted me in his grasp at all times so he gave me a job to keep a hawk-eye on me. I did the less gruesome work and the first assistant Dan did the more hands-on work, which included the Non Disclosure Agreements which Hughs one night stands had to sign.

I started working on the papers Simon had brought until I felt eyes on me. The assault on my nostrils by heavy male musk made me momentarily lose my rhythmic breathing, there he was my nightmare and the love of my life. I noticed all there was to him even his low fade cut which now needed to get reshaped.

"How can I help you, sir?." He arched an eyebrow and looked at me as if I was sick. "Sir?"

"Yes Sir," I affirmed the latter. "If you're still mad about yesterday you have absolutely no right to be, you wanted to leave home and I forbade it that's all. So don't even try act as if I did something wrong. Now come on, lunch is waiting in my office." I really didn't want to have lunch with him honestly I didn't want anything to do with him.

"Can I go down to the diner for lunch, I really want their pies." My plea was not taken well, the visible glint of irritation on his facial features made it clear.

"No, and if you want pie we either get it on the way home or we order it, I know what you're trying to do, it won't work. Now come on before I drag you to my office." His tone left no room for argument, it was final. I obliged and walked to his office with my head down chanting a mantra I've been reciting for a long time now.

It's going to be ok. I can get through this. All I need to do is hold on. It's going to be ok.

We sat side by side on the couch which was located by the wall opposite his desk. The damn thing needed to be replaced in my honest opinion, it held some pretty bad memories from the time I've walked in on Hugh having sex with one of his encounters.

I moved a bit to the other end of the couch, being in such close proximity to the man I hated loving was not doing well for my nerves. "Why did you move?" I knew he would ask. "I want to eat and enjoy the view. Lie.

Watching others free and walking on their own outside made my heart ache how I wished to be one of them, free from the shackles of any man's slavery.

"You can't keep being mad at me Mel, you know that it's futile much like how I can't be mad at you." He was right my little rant would dwindle soon enough.

I just want to be free and not hate you, Hugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ