18.

Hugh.

"We've gone through this over and over Tony, I don't and most likely won't take you for anything more than a fuck buddy, so stop calling, I have work to do."

"Fine if that's what you want, you'll regret this one day, I loved you and would've never left you."

"Just don't call me again, if you know what's good for you." I cut the call before I felt like putting a bullet through his skull.

It's been six months of missing Mel, I tried everything possible to track him down but I can't find him, it's like he's not even on this continent, I miss him, hell I miss just being able to smell his perfume, it drove me over the edge losing Mel and I don't know what to do.

I loved him and he left me, I guess that's my own fault, I drove him to that point in his life where he finally got fed up with my crap and left. I should've been a better man, I should've put him first now I've lost him.

Nolan has this look of pity for me these last few months, can't really blame him, I do look like shit, I'm a mess all things considered. I've drowned myself in work either in my office at home or at the company.

I got rid of all my one night stands and the annoying assistant, though I know it's not his fault, in some ways Id like to pin the blame on him but I really can't, it's all on me.

"Afternoon Sir, HR wanted to report that one of the best managers we've had is resigning alongside the actual head of HR."

"What's going on, why are they resigning, Martha." She shrugs, had no answer for me. "Okay, tell both to come to my office I want to know why they are leaving." She nods. After Mel left I removed any detail in my life that would remind me of how I failed him. It's been better but not the same since I could be diagnosed as an alcoholic now.

"Sir." I look up to see Nolan standing by the door. "What is it, Nolan?" He comes forward and places a file on the table.

"The two who are resigning are Melbourne's friends and it has been confirmed with the IT department that Mel had contacted them before he disappeared." I couldn't believe it, I've had the key to finding Mel in my own company all along.

"Get them here Nolan, I must know where he is." I take a swig of the last vodka in my office. "Order more bottles if you would Nolan."

"But Sir." I stare blankly. "Of course." He sighs defeated.

"They are here Sir." Martha announced by the door and I straighten out my shirt. The housekeeper can't really steam like Mel, it's like it doesn't fit or it's not soft enough, why did I get so attached to Mel, it's like losing a part of me, but I'm not giving up, I will find him.

The two who come into the office looked pissed and it clicked, they were Mel's friends. "You wanted to see us, Mr. Lamont." The venom in his words could kill and I knew I had angered him but I want my Mel back.

"Sit." I order, they looked startled a bit but that only lasted a second. "Sir I have you—." Nolan looked at the shorter one and gasped slightly.

"Hello Justin." I wasn't surprised that he knew who this was, he had spent most of his time with Mel so I knew he would know any of his friends. What I needed an answer to was why the hell wasn't I told Mel had friends.

"Hello Nolan." Justin replied softly. His expression with him was slightly more friendly with me it was hard and venomous throughout.

"Well it seems we all know each other, so tell—."

"No, we aren't." The taller male answered, his eyes showed determination. I guess loyalty did really follow Mel.

"Why not? He's mine." Justin scoffs. "That's a pipe dream, when you had the chance to be his you fucked him and brought your assistant home as a trophy to show him fucking was normal." I knew that reply was going to sting but it hurt and I regretted it.

"I don't want to argue with you, obviously you know where he is, so tell me where the fuck he is, so I can bring him home." They flinched at my cold tone. I wanted what was mine back they were standing in my way. I know I should be nicer but right now nice isn't how I want to play.

"With no due respect Hugh, we don't work for you, therefore you can't order us to do anything for you, and as much as I want to rub it in your face how happy he is without you I won't, so it's best you let us go on our merry way." I snicker and slouch back on my seat.

"You know Justin, I always thought loyalty like yours could never be found, I'm impressed, so I will ask one last time, where is Melbourne Authur DeLain, he's mine and always will be." Both men were still determined not to speak.

"Fine I can't really force you can I, but just know I will scour the earth for him, on every continent, in every cranny he might be hiding and I will drag him back here to his home even if I have to do it whilst pulling his perfect curly locks."

Simon chuckles. "Good luck with that Mr. Lanont, we have to get home, new jobs to find." They stood up and strutted to the door.

"Before you go, can you tell Mel, that I want him back home soon." The two sigh and leave my office.

"Find someone to tail them, track their every movement, and find someone from IT who can tap into the phone calls, if there is any chance of finding Mel, they are." Nolan nods and leaves my office as well.

I pour my drink on the rocks and sit where Mel used to sit when we had lunch together, now I see what he saw when he was all alone in his head. It was the freedom of all sentient beings and he lacked that.

Well if ever I should get him back, I must do right by him then, I just hope I can find him, I don't think I can go on living in an alcohol-induced sedated state to numb the pain of not having that man and all that he is.

"Martha, bring me lunch, the usual." I get a response before the door opens to reveal Cortez, since Mel left he's been like a vulture waiting to grab on what Mel left, sadly it never meant I left Mel.

"You look like shit." I snicker. "I feel like it too."
He hums and sits by my side on the couch. "You can't keep doing this to yourself Hugh, you have to let go at some point, it's been months since you even had a lead on where he was." Keeping to the same posture of when he had come in I say nothing.

"Are you even listening to me, snap out of whatever this is, I can love you, I can be better, you know that." I snicker which makes him frown.

"You better than Mel, you might be a renowned model and businessman Cortez but you'll never be Melbourne, now leave, I want to have my lunch without you making me want to spit it out."

"I will be here when you finally come back to your senses and realize that bitch is gone." In an instant, my hand was on his neck, crushing and pinning him to the wall. "Don't ever call my Mel that, if I see you ever again I won't hesitate to kill you, now leave." I released my hold, he crumbled to the ground heaving.

"Get out!!" Fear ridden he stands up and immediately runs to the door.

All I want is Mel, and with his two friends, I can find him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ

Please don't hate Hugh. He'll get there.