8.

The park air was exactly what I needed, to feel free and without the burden, I felt on my shoulders every time I felt Hugh or Nolan watching me like hawks on prey.

Sitting alone and licking my ice cream savoring the sweet caramel taste I looked to the people around me, they all had smiles on their faces, happy and watching their own children grow with them. I always contemplate the concept of children and being a parent.

As a gay man, I thought I couldn't to it but that wasn't the actual reason holding me back from that eventuality. It was Hugh Lamont the man I devoted who I was to, he's the one holding me back and I hoped one day I could convince him if ever he loved me to start a family but that's just a beggars wish.

There aren't horses for me to ride.

The sun wasn't as blazing as I thought it would be, the warm rays tingled on my skin, I really needed some sun though I was naturally a bit dark. It always bothered me in high school being of two cultures I was a minority but that affected me not the friends I had back then. I really do wish I had friends who I could openly hang out with and they wouldn't end up dead or jobless the next day. It hurts being the plague people avoid.

"Hi can I sit here?" He was in a word breathtaking, striking grey eyes, jet black hair, and a chiseled chin with a slight stubble no Greek God could define this man, his smile made my insides flutter. Damn, I was drooling.

"Hey you okay?" He waves his hand in front of my face. Slowly I nod to reassure him. "Y-Yeah -I- I'm okay." Moving to create space for him on the bench I tried to pull myself together, sweet black Jesus save me, I was a mess and I'm sure I had embarrassed myself in front of this fine specimen of man beside me.

"I saw you from across the park, you were alone so I thought I should sit here I'm not one for crowds." Melodies were his words in my head, okay I'm definitely star struck. Involuntarily I pushed away my worry about Hugh and all that may come my way or this man, I was going to do what I wanted damn the consequences.

"I'm not one for crowds too I actually like the space it's peaceful on this side." He nods I could see he had a lot to ask or say something there. "I'm Mel by the way." We shook hands and little sparks went up. "I'm Tyrell Striker." His name clicked in my mind, he was a business partner of Hughs. I wasn't going to mention it, it wasn't my business to do so.

"So what's got you sulking on a very nice afternoon?" A small smile tugged on his lips, he was genuinely interested in having a conversation with me. "Well let's just say I have the most complicated life there is and I needed to get away from it and just live in a bubble for a bit until it's shattered by reality." I look to him and his eyes lit up. "Well its good I sat here too, I needed a break as well, I could keep you company."

"I would love that." I returned the smile which made me feel different. Striker was different, he wasn't most men I've met, he didn't seem arrogant or a conceited ass. We spoke for 3 hours sitting on that bench. He told me about his business and that he actually lived in North City, he was just here for business, I finally told him about being Hugh's assistant leaving out the hurtful parts but he caught on and never asked when my voice dropped a bit.

" It's getting a bit late, have dinner with me Mr. DeLain." I wasn't going to refuse this offer, it was my day to be free and I was going to enjoy it besides Striker was leaving early morning tomorrow, I probably wouldn't see him again. "Well the gentleman asked and why would I refuse." We both chuckle as he led me to his car.

Sitting opposite him in a restaurant which I might say was a good choice made my evening feel different than all the others I had at home. I would probably be laid on the couch sitting with crossed feet sucking on a meatball whilst dipping chips in the spaghetti, yeah it's sad.

"You really are fun, I'm going to miss you the most when I leave." It hurt a little hearing that, but if he stayed I don't know what Hugh would do. "I really had fun with you too, but it's not over yet, we have cheesecake a whole one to eat for dessert." I wanted to make the most of it with this man that I met a few hours ago. I should feel afraid or at least wary of him being a serial killer or rapist anything really, but what I felt was safe, unlike Hugh he didn't order me around, he wasn't cold or demanding, and most of all he listened.

We ate the cheesecake like maniacs, I wasn't going to be shy about the way I ate my food if they judged me I would them too. "That was so good." He chuckles as he wipes my lips of the cream, we maintain eye contact as he takes the thumb into his mouth making a popping sound after. Damn, that was hot.

"Take a pic it lasts longer." Immediately I looked away the red flush on my cheeks and ears noticeable, it was the third time he caught me starring at him. "Okay let's take that walk now." He paid the bill as I had excused myself to use the restroom. Splashing my face to get rid of the faint flush still creeping on my cheeks. I walked out to meet him by the door. The man was tall and again it made me feel embarrassed, why was I this short.

"I like the night air and the lights it's always so beautiful." We had yet again sat on another bench watching the stars. "I could relate though, I've never done this before now that I experienced it, you're right it's beautiful." I turned to face him and pecked his cheek.

"Thank you Striker for today I really needed it." He nods and pulls me closer. "I'm glad I could help, and if ever you need me I'm always a call away, already saved my numbers in your phone all three of them." I was amused by his actions. It brought me to a different concept of what a relationship could be if given the right circumstances.

We sat there for a few more hours until right now where I stood in front of my building. "I hope to see you again." The man who had made my day memorable says as he hugs me again. "You have my number just text me and I will be there." We pull apart as I walk into the building I knew he was watching me until I was out of sight.

Today was a good day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ