20.

Mel.

My first day at the office was a bit rocky then I got the hang of it and loved being pounded on top of Tyrell's desk. I'm sure he might need a new one soon if we keep this up.

I'm happy that my life is finally settling back to normalcy, well this normalcy anyway. I'm happy that Simon and Justin will be here soon and I can finally tease Justin about Simon.

Anyway I know something is wrong or rather something is stressing Tryrell, I've known for a while but I just want him to tell me so that I won't have to walk in his office and see him deep in thought.

"Babe the workday is done, let's go wherever you're taking me." He snaps out of whatever thoughts he was having and smiles. Though I love that smile he needs to talk to me.

"You've been doing that a lot lately, tell me, babe, what's going on in your head?" He sighs and pats his lap.

Happily, I sit there and wait for him to talk. I just want him not to be stressed.

"You know I love you right, and I can never want you hurt." I nod. "When you told me about Hugh that wasn't the first time I've heard about him." I didn't know what he meant so I kept silent.

"When you were sold and working for the Lamont family, Hugh and I met at a cafe one day, he seemed troubled I guess and we began talking. I helped him figure out his feelings for men and later on we dated, he didn't want to leave the Mafia and you know how my parents died so we broke up."

I was stunned by this, why didn't he tell me all this. "I wanted to tell you but you were an emotional wreck after I got you from that park that day, I didn't want to stress you and most definitely lose you."

I finally understood, some would freak out about this, yell or do something out the ordinary but for me it was peace. The reason why I love Tyrell stems from the fact that he's a dominant yes but an emotional attachment comes with that.

He's considerate of how I feel and him waiting to tell me all this after everything has settled won't have me spurring into a frenzy of the unknown and helplessness.

It just made me love him because he told me the truth about Hugh.

"Guess we have more in common than I thought." I spoke up dissolving the tension.

"You're not mad?" He asks. "Why should I be?"

We kissed fora few more minutes and broke off for air. "I love you, Mr. Striker." He chuckled.

"I'm in love with you Mr. Striker." I've always wanted someone to love me like that, to reciprocate what I felt, and now I had it and it felt good.

"So promise me you won't zone out anymore, I hate seeing you stressed out, frown lines make you age more." He scoffs. "Sunshine I'm still your sexy beast." Yes, he was.

"So where are you taking me." His smile brightens up. "No where in particular but we have multiple stops." I already liked whatever it was, he was planning.

With one last kiss, I get off his lap and we make our way out. I interlock my arm with his. They need to know this Striker already has been taken.

We walked out of the building to be hit by the warm evening air of summer. It was so warm even though it was still in the city with a hub of activity going around.

"First stop dinner." We get into the car and head toward the restaurant, arriving there I was amazed by the restaurant, it wasn't any like the ones we had gone to.

"It serves the best Scottish food." I was already headed in. Tyrell knew my love for foreign food.

Having checked in by our reservation we found ourselves by a table beside a window, it had a very good view of the city. It wasn't extravagant and I liked it better because I wasn't one for flaunting money.

The rustic yet modernized setting of the restaurant gave off an old age vibe, it was beautiful, to say the least, with the golden chandeliers and the silver chivalry.

"I see you like it." I turn to look at Tyrell and smug smirk. "Yes, I do thank you." Simply he nods and we make small talk until dinner arrived.

"Best food I've had in a while, this definitely doesn't compare to mash potatoes from that restaurant we went to last time." He chuckled as I downed my food.

"Don't choke on it, Mel." I plastered on a smile. "When have I ever gagged on your cock." I knew I was going to be in trouble later on because of the little statement.

"We'll see about that later, won't we." He whispered back and my cheeks flared up. I was definitely in trouble.

We finished dinner and headed toward the theatre. "So when you said it's not one thing you meant we have a variety to go on." He doesn't say anything but nods.

We bought our popcorn and drinks and tried to enjoy the movie.

"I think we should've watched Endgame, now you're crying because we watched The fault in our stars." We had settled for a more touchy movie than superheroes.

I regret it now because the movie we watched was good yet it broke me down to tears.

"Come here sunshine." I cried a little more in Tyrell's arms, the other couples were cooing and some were gushing over how we were a cute couple.

After my outburst, Tyrell took me star gazing at the top of a hill near the outskirts of the city. "Here you go." We sat on the blanket looking up at the stars and eating ice cream. I may eat a lot but no one is complaining.

"Thank you, this was the best date ever." Curling into his heat more, there wasn't need for words because I knew Tyrell loved me, I could see it in eyes.

After another hour we decided to head home since tomorrow was a workday and we needed sleep. The car ride was in a comfortable silence. I was happy.

"So how do you feel about kids?" We hadn't talked about that yet, before I never really knew if I wanted any because well I was always kept hidden away.

"I know it's abrupt, I just want to know and I promise to understand if you don't want any." I knew he was being sincere but thinking on it, with Tyrell I saw myself growing old and having kids so yes I definitely wanted kids.

"Yes, I want kids." His smile wasn't like any other, it always brought butterflies to my stomach. I wondered how I got so lucky to fall in love with a man after all this time who still gives me butterflies.

"Well when the time is right we should adopt or we could get a surrogate whatever you want." The concept of marriage was elusive at one point in my life.

Now I'm with a man who was already planning our future together with children and it wasn't to please me that much I knew, he was as invested in us as I was.

Thinking back on my past and now I feel like everything I have had to go through had gotten me here and I'm glad I endured it, till the right one came.

I could've gotten Marko to get me out of there before he died but he was more of a monster than any man, I didn't want to be caged and broken like how he wanted his relationships to go like.

I wanted to love and be loved, now I believe I am.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ