11

Knowing that vindictive snake was here and had an unknown agenda put me on edge, I didn't want to know his agenda for breaking into the house but I know he was doing it to taunt Hugh and knowing my every move I knew Marko was somehow tracking me which meant I had to be careful from now on.

It's pretty weird how at some point I did find Marko chivalrous but after learning about his lifestyle even I was not that pro BDSM and I wouldn't get that lifestyle up so far into my own thinking that it made me a living slave, being one already I wanted to still be able to speak and rant.

Right now I'm pacing around in the penthouse waiting for the guards to finish the sweep of the house before Hugh got home, knowing him he would probably go after Marko and bring out my leash I don't want that.

"Okay guys are you done?" I asked. "Yes sir there isn't any tampering or wiring."

"Good please leave then, I would very much like this place clear before your boss comes home." They all nod and shuffle out of the penthouse to the elevator.

"You do know he has to be told right, Sir." I knew he was right. "I know Nolan but I just want to be the one who does the telling, knowing you, you'll probably tell the very detailed version." He snickers but remains stoic.

"Alright I have to make dinner." He nods and I head to the kitchen, lately, I had been different toward Nolan, he has been my guard for the better part of 6 years and he has done his job well in protecting me but he was always on Hugh's payroll so I could never corrupt him to be on my side but what surprises me is that Nolan speaks more now, and the air we breathe isn't heavy laden with tension.

I prepare the steak I had seasoned for dinner already, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach right, I might as well feed him before I tell him about Marko, at least he won't be that mad, I hope.

Then time passed, I finished cooking dinner, showered had a very arousing video chat with Striker, after that I had dinner and there was no sign of Hugh. I know I shouldn't be worried and that he's probably fine but I couldn't help it.

Midnight came and I'm sitting on the couch with my fuzzy socks and a bowl of popcorn on my lap, I tried to sleep but I couldn't, I was worried something was wrong I could feel it, and I hated that feeling.

"Nolan has he told you where he is?" I asked. "Yes he's on his way." His response made me question if he knew where he was all this time. "Did you know where he was and please don't lie." He froze but the stoic expression came back as quickly as it had gone away.

"I knew but I could not say." There it was, why I couldn't trust my own bodyguard, it's perplexing how I could trust him to guard me with his life but not trust him as a person. "Fine have it your way." I sat back down and kept on watching my movie.

The ding sound of the elevator drew my focus to the hall which led to the lounge. I knew it was Hugh, he's the only one who would come at two-thirty in the morning.

And there he was, bloody, the suit I had for him this morning torn, and the flimsy little bandage put on his arm was basically doing nothing to stop the bleeding from an obvious bullet wound.

"Mel, you should be in bed." I knew he was trying to avert the anger I knew was evident on my face. It was jarring how it was so easy for him to break the one promise he made to me before he became Hugh Lamont the businessmen, we were supposed to leave the mafia behind and focus on something that's not killing.

"Mel I'm perfectly okay don't worry, get to bed." I walked toward him watching the blood drip from his wrist. Nolan came up from his apartment below where the other guard lives. He stood behind his boss waiting for me to speak as well.

But I didn't want to speak, I was mad that he had broken his promise, I didn't care about the reason why. So I walked over to him and I slapped him, his cheek reddened with the mark of my hand. I could hear the sharp intake of air by Nolan.

I could feel my own tears stinging my eyes. I was so emotionally pathetic right now, though I had no output for the anger I felt, I directed it to Hugh who only rubbed his cheek and stood in front of me again with his poker face.

"Why!" I spoke through gritted teeth. "It's complicated to explain." I knew every dealing he's had with the mafia what would be so complicated. "Alright then." Both him and Nolan seemed surprised by how I answered.

Hissing all the way to the bathroom, I dragged Hugh, he knew I was punishing him as I held onto his injured arm without a care about how much it hurt him, I wanted him to hurt.

We make it into the bathroom and I make him sit on the bathtub while I took out the first aid kit that I had restocked and added spirits to clean wounds.

"Take it off." I instructed and he removed his blazer looking at me leaving his shirt. "The shirt." He obliged and took it off. Though Hugh was well built, everything was in good proportion, I would've been so taken off guard and drooling over his sculptured abs if it wasn't for the fact that lately I've had the body of Striker to drool over and he was bloody.

I began cleaning his wounds, it seemed the bullet grazed him and didn't make impact. "Could you be gentle." He hissed and I didn't listen, he shouldn't have dabbled in the mafia. "Fuck what is that? I know what happened with Marko so I went to teach him a lesson." I know Marko had to be dealt with but someone like Marko will only be given more will to fight if you degrade yourself to his level.

"He won't be bothering you again, I killed him." Those words made me stop dressing his wounds. I didn't want him dead, he was a threat but Marko would never hurt me in any way besides well sexual exploitation but otherwise, he wouldn't.

I sighed and began cleaning his wounds again and wrapping the bandages, was this to be my life, where I have to be the name Hugh uses to kill people, how many should have to die because they breathed the same air as me, it made me worry about my friends and Striker.

I didn't want to lose them, not them.

"He was a threat I got rid of him." He stood up after I had finished patching him up as I had learned with all my years of being with Hugh and training to be a junior med before I was sold. I had dreams back then some I still want but with how my life turned out I don't think I can dream anymore.

"I have a dinner with the associates tomorrow, sleep, and prepare for it." And there he was the Hugh Lamont I knew, not even a thank you for patching him up, it seemed I was supposed to do it.

"Yes sir." I replied leaving the bathroom and going upstairs to my bedroom, yesterday and today were exhausting and I wanted to sleep, knowing Marko whom I had seen a few hours ago was dead because he tried to play Pablo with a twist only made me want to curl into a ball and try forget the fact that people die because they come near me.

It was heartbreaking but I wasn't sure I still had a heart that could break.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ