15.

"Hello Sunshine, what's wrong? why you calling so late." I smiled as Striker picked up the call at one am in the night. "Striker can you come get me, I spoke sniffling." I could hear him shuffle.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "I can't say right now but please come, where you first met me you'll find me there." I knew he would come and he would know the place. "I will be there in three hours Mel." I knew it took almost 6 to 7 hours to get here with a commercial plane I didn't know how he would get here that fast.

"Alright." I cut the call.

Packing my bag in the middle of the night making as little noise as possible to avoid letting anyone know what I was doing, but it didn't matter anyway, Tony was moaning loud enough to help with my escape.

I had everything I needed. Slowly I made my way out of the dimly it penthouse, I was saying goodbye to a home I'd known for a long time but I needed to do this, I needed to break free and find myself again. Though deep down I knew I loved Hugh I wouldn't let that love stop me from doing this.

The elevator dinged, as I made my way to the ground floor, avoiding the underground car park I hid behind one door, hoping none of the guards saw me, I had escaped Nolan all I had to do was escape them.

Skillfully I put on my cap and kept my head low, with my small frame it was easy to blend in with the other people who lived in this ridiculously expensive building. It seemed I had made my way out but I had to do one thing before I left.

So I hailed a cab. "Where to?" The man asked. "St Delphin." The driver nods and I knew this was it, I had left my best friend and I was leaving home. I was afraid but I knew I had to do this. I paid the cab driver and got off heading to the place even Hugh himself didn't dare come often.

His parent's grave. I slowly made my way to where Mr. and Mrs. Lamont were buried, though I had been sold to their son they treated me like one of their own, they loved me and gave me an education. I was grateful for that so it's why I had come here to say goodbye.

As I looked down to the grave, I closed my eyes and I felt free. "Thank you, for everything you guys, I know I wasn't the best at things but you helped me try harder even if I failed, so I came to ask you for forgiveness on what I'm about to do, you always told me to look after Hugh and that he needed me but it seems I'm no longer needed, I've taken care of him and he's a splendid man." My voice cracked as the tears stung again.

"I got him to quit the mafia and become a businessman, like you always wanted. I think that's probably where I began to lose value I guess, but it doesn't matter now." Smiling I wiped my pathetic tears away. "He's alright." I removed the leaves on their headstones and placed kisses with my hands on each one.

I'm going to live for me. Walking from the cemetery I was glad the city never slept or I would've been robbed. The city was beautiful at night I really never knew that. I stood on the bridge which led to the park and dialed two last numbers, my best friends, I wasn't going to see them in a while.

After I did so I realized I had an hour left before Striker's three. Knowing Hugh could track my phone with his team of IT professionals I threw my phone into the river all my other gadgets were left in my bedroom cleared of all data.

"Tell me what you said didn't happen." I immediately turned around to see Simon panting, his figure bent down to catch his breath. "Simon." I whispered and without a word he hugged me, I felt the love, I really did. He was a really good friend.

Straight as he was he never showed an indifference with me or Justin, we were much his best friends as he was to us, and we appreciated it. "I'm so sorry Mel." We finally separated and began walking to the bench Tyrell was to find me.

"I'm going to be okay." I tried to smile. "Mel!" I heard Justin scream with tear streaks on his face. "Oh Mel are you alright." He pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and we cried it was pitiful but we cried. "I'm so sorry, I know you expected more or better and he did that, I'm so sorry."

As we sat down I told them of what happened and how Tony was now his bitch, and how I had told him more like lied that I was okay with everything but in hindsight, I wasn't. "So where will you go, I mean can you even trust Striker." Honestly as crazy as it sounded I did trust him.

"I do trust Striker and I'm going to North City, I'm going to be okay." Justin wasn't convinced. "You're going that far Mel, it's like a whole different country with how far it is, are you sure." Simon was the one who voiced his concern.

"Guys I love you a lot but I can't stay here, if I do he will find me and obviously take me back, the more distance there is between us the better and I can't put you in danger before you two have even fucked." Both of their eyes widen.

"Don't think I haven't noticed you ogling his ass Simon, and we both know you might be macho straight but for Justin, you've been turning into a pretzel." He was scratching the back of his neck avoiding Justin who had a small smile.

"So I can't risk you getting hurt, and Justin I will keep in touch alright you guys will always be my best friends. We sat there longer than the hour I had in mind.

"Its almost five hou—." A car screeched on the road a far distance from us, making Justin stop talking, we all looked to the car as a very disheveled yet strikingly hot Tyrell Striker made his way to us. "I take that back, he's here." I sighed in relief as I got up to be embraced by Striker.

"Sunshine you scared me there." He yet again pulled me into a hug this one was gentle and firm at the same time, it was comforting as his cologne and slight stubble prickled my skin.

"I'm okay now." He looks to the bag and raised an eyebrow, I will explain later. I didn't know how I was going to tell him all that had happened, I slept with Hugh he told me that we should remain as friends and I agreed to it but I couldn't handle being in the same place with him because I was hurt.

"I'm sorry the jet took long to prep." I nod as he extended his hand to greet Justin and Simon. "I'm Simon and this Justin." Tyrell nods and they began to talk. They had already exchanged numbers by the time I realized it was dawn. "Guys it's time." I spoke up making Justin whine.

"I'm going to miss you."

"Yeah Mel, really going to miss you, but we'll visit when we can, and I'm sure now, this guy will take care of you." Tyrell chuckled and held me closer while we walked to his car.

"Take care of yourself, Mel." It was a teary goodbye but I had to go. "Your friends are lovely." Striker comments as he sped off toward the airport. "They really are."

"So are you going to tell me what happened." I knew I had to because this man was nothing but good to me and I knew he had feelings for me which right now I wasn't sure I could reciprocate but given time to deal with my own emotions I could finally move on as I had day dreamed.

"So." I began from the very first day I met Hugh Lamont.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ