21.

Hugh.

I have been restless for the past month, I know I should have forced his friends to tell me where he was but I don't think Mel would've liked that.

So here I am pacing in my office waiting for Nolan to come back from North City, he tracked Mel's friends there and confirmed to have seen Mel.

I wanted to rush over there and take him back home, but with the pictures Nolan sent me, he seemed happy, peaceful, that thick ass of his still causing me trouble keeping it down.

I miss Mel and I want him back desperately and I don't know what to do about it. If I storm over there, won't he just kick me out and tell me to leave. I was confused about what to do.

I had found him finally but what do I do now, I can't ruin his happiness because I selfishly want him back, but I can't do this without him I need him.

So henceforth I'm drowning in vodka or any other alcohol just to keep me sane. What do I do? I want him back but that could really hurt him.

I don't want to hurt him, more than I've already done.

"Sir."

Nolan stood in my office a worried look in his features. "I'm fine Nolan, tell me everything."

"Sir, I followed his friends like you instructed, they got jobs at Striker Corp." I stopped pacing.

"Tyrell's company?" He nods. "Mel also works there, he's the assistant to Tyrell Striker." I wanted Mel back, I couldn't believe Striker took him from me.

"Tell me Nolan is there any form relationship between Mel and Tyrell." He seemed a bit nervous to say it.

"Yes Sir. They actually live together and from the conversation, you've seen it's best to assume he's planning on proposing to Mel." The glass in my hand shattered.

"What!!!" He couldn't take my Mel, he was mine, I wanted him. It can't happen.

"Prepare the jet we're going to North City." I stormed out of my office. "Martha clear my schedule for the next three weeks I'm going on vacation."

"Yes Sir." She was scared of me, well I did seem angry. "Sir your hand." That when I felt it, blood dripping from it.

"Let me help Sir." Nolan quickly ran to the bathroom on my floor and came back with the first aid kit. Watching him dress my wound reminded me of Mel.

He always patched me up when I came home the bullet holes, bloody knuckles, and cut arms. He wasn't gentle at all when he did it because I had disobeyed him.

I know I should be the big bad Hugh Lamont right now, I could feel tears stinging my eyes. I needed Mel, he was my everything and still my everything when I had nothing.

So I would rather go to North City and come back home with him.

Nolan finished patching up my hand. "Martha make it a month if there is anything important call me." She calmly nods.

I walk out of the office toward the lift, Nolan by my side. "Sir are you going to bring him back." I knew he isn't going to approve of me dragging Mel back here.

"Yes whatever it takes."

We drove to the penthouse only to be highjacked by Cortez. Will he ever give up. I found Mel and I'm going to him and I don't want him.

"Hello Hughey, I miss you."

"I don't." I replied flatly. "Don't say that Hughey, we belong together, we could be so much more." I pushed him aside and walked toward my building.

"I suggest you leave me alone if you don't want to die." Nolan opens the door for me and we head up to the penthouse. I couldn't show up at his doorstep smelling like musk and alcohol.

I needed to shave, pack. So I started with a shower, shaved and let loose my hair from all the gel I used to make it somewhat office presentable

I packed my bags knowing this wasn't a trip that wasn't going to take a day to get done, Mel wasn't going to just come willingly.

The thought of Tyrell as well sent me on a tailspin. Why would my first love and my second love wind up together, now they are happy together and without me, either of them.

That simply won't do, I don't want to be left alone. I finished everything and got down to the car with Nolan. "Airport and hurry."

Nolan had also packed, I knew I would need him to keep us safe, we still had a bit of enemies, because even after leaving the mafia, the mafia never really leaves you.

The plane ride was excruciating, I was nervous, anxious, and most of all terrified. I never thought I would see the day when I was terrified of little Melie.

There is a first time for everything. The six hour flight had my nerves spiking, I wanted the bottle so much but Nolan would scold me with just a look making me sigh and try focus on something else.

I started working on the company files that I hadn't looked through and also the ones Martha had sent. It seemed to make me calm but that only lasted for a bit.

"Sir."

"Sir."

"Sir. Wake up we're here." I didn't know I had slept or that Nolan had buckled me up, I really hadn't slept in a while because I was anxious about what Nolan had found.

I stood up and walked toward the entrance. Nolan was already putting our luggage in the car and I only walked toward the car and sat inside.

"Sir would you like to go there first or we check-in at a hotel then go to his house." We had to check in first because I was here and Mel was only a drive away.

The nervousness was clawing at my insides. "Check-in first." I instructed. I needed to calm down and the best way to do that was to find some sort of time and alcohol to calm down.

We checked in at the hotel. I grabbed the bottle of champagne and chugged it down my threat. "Don't even try to scold me, Nolan, I'm a grown man and you don't know how I fucking feel right now."

"Sir, you still need to remain sober." He rarely spoke so having him do it now I listened to him, I hated how he could see my struggle and still act normal.

"Let's go Nolan I think I'm good now." He nods and we make it out of the adjoined suite we had booked for our stay. This was it I was going to meet Mel.

We drove off toward the more suburban area of North City, I could see why they would live here, it was calm and silent, peaceful.

Nolan drove toward a specific area and then we stopped in front of a two story modernized Georgian style house. It wasn't like the houses around here. It was beautiful and had the classic feel to it.

I walked toward the door, I could hear my heart hammering in my chest as I pressed the doorbell. I could hear someone coming toward the door.

I began calculating all the ways this could go wrong but I was already here, there was no turning back now. I had to face him, I wanted him back.

He's my everything after seven months of not having him I realized that. So I had to do it. The doorknob turned and there he was as beautiful as always.

"Hugh."

"Tyrell."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun_Dun_Dun

LMJ