twelve

3 am.

Jeonghan sighed when he saw the digits on his clock. It was the second time he woke up that night and it drove him crazy. He considered texting his friends again, but knowing he kept them up the night before too he thought they deserved a little rest this night. 

His second option was Seungcheol. 

Seungcheol? 

That didn't even seem like a wrong idea to him. Of course it was a little weird to send him a random text in the middle of the night. But he felt like Seungcheol would be okay with it. 

So he got out of bed, together with his phone, and sat on his usual spot on the windowsill. The rain outside had stopped a few hours ago. But since the sand on the beach would still be too uncomfortably wet to walk on it, Jeonghan decided to stay inside for another night. 

He pulled out his phone and searched for Seungcheol's contact. With a few taps on his screen a chat for them was created, but he started hesitating on what to send the moment he had to actually type in the text. How should he start? Would he be awake? Wasn't he going to creep out of the fact that Jeonghan was texting him at 3 am? 

But he got over it and typed in a message, sending it without further doubts. 

jeonghan: hey:)

jeonghan: did you get home safely?

He stared at his phone and immediately regretted sending the text messages. Because it indeed was weird to text someone you barely knew in the middle of the night. And he assumed Seungcheol thought exactly the same. Until he saw the notification 'typing' appearing in the chat what made his heartbeat speed up a little. 

seungcheol: hey!

seungcheol:  i did. sweet that you're asking:)

A smile grew upon his face while he read the last message. is he flirting with me? Because he did notice Seungcheol often made flirtatious comments towards him. But he didn't know if it was one of his personality treats or if it was actually aimed at him. 

seungcheol: why aren't you asleep though? 

jeonghan: i could ask you the same question

seungcheol: fair enough 

seungcheol: i woke up half an hour ago so i continued watching a show

jeonghan: omg sorry! you should continue watching it!

seungcheol: but i wanna talk to you:(

jeonghan: o-o

seungcheol: so how come you're still awake at this time?

jeonghan: i don't know

jeonghan: my body decided to wake up

seungcheol: tell your body to sleep then:)

jeonghan: YOU DO IT