sixty seven

"Choi fucking Seungcheol!"

"Oh fuck." Seungcheol grunted underneath his breath, aggressively attempting to wipe the tears off his face before he would be able to see them. 

"Who is that? Do you know him? What's happening?" Jeonghan asked in utter panic, getting up and trying to find shelter behind the broad figure of Seungcheol. 

"Father." Seungcheol spoke without showing further emotion when a middle aged man, dressed up in a plain black suit, appeared on the other side of the alleyway. His silhouette got illuminated by a streetlight on the pavement behind him, it being the only light that lit up their surroundings. 

his father? Jeonghan questioned himself, getting more frightened and confused the closer the man got to them. 

"How unfortunate. That one time I ask you to do something to make your old man proud, you can't even accomplish." Seungcheol's father bowed down to the ground, picking up an object that twinkled in the light of the lonely street lamp. 

fuck. 

"You even threw your own gun away? I thought I taught you otherwise. How disappointing."

Jeonghan shot glances back and forth to the so called father and Seungcheol, not knowing which sight was more mortifying. The intimidating figure of his father that came closer made Jeonghan tremble in fear. However, Seungcheol just stood there lifelessly, as if all emotion suddenly drained his face, similar to the expression his father held. 

And maybe that felt even worse. 

"This wasn't the deal." Seungcheol grunted, unable to keep a straight look at his dad as his eyes wandered off to the uneven surface of the floor underneath them. 

"How isn't it? As far as I could remember the only thing we discussed was about you committing a murder and getting your guaranteed freedom? Take it or leave it. I can prove it if you show me the papers we signed." 

"You know the reason why I want to get out of this shit hole is Jeonghan! Why did you have to do this?" Seungcheol blurts out suddenly, making Jeonghan automatically stumble one step back seeing his fear for people increasing the volume of their voice. 

"That's exactly what this was all about. I actually expected that after the time you spent here, proving yourself to me would have been more important to you than that silly little boyfriend of yours. But how I was wron-"

"Shut up! You know nothing about love! You shot mom in front of my eyes when I was a fucking child!"

The next thing happened so fast. More people appeared from the shadows in the alleyway, one grabbing Jeonghan from behind and placing a knife on his throat, Jeonghan instantly stiffen in fear from the sudden actions. Seungcheol's father moving forward in a swift movement, placing his gun against the temple of his own son's skull. 

"Shoot me. I dare you." Seungcheol growls, keeping intense eye contact with his father, finally finding one of his weak spots. 

"Cheolie.. please.." Jeonghan whimpered, not able to move due to the strong grip around his waist and the knife pulled against his throat. 

"I suggest you to keep that beautiful mouth of yours shut, bitch." The man who held him in position whispered in his ear, resulting in more silent sobs coming from the boy. 

"Oh Seungcheol," His father smirked sinisterly, putting more pressure on the gun against his temple, a grimas of pain appearing on Seungcheol's face. However, he didn't budge from his position. "you don't know what you're talking about. Love isn't the perfectly painted picture youth thinks it is. Just wait till you grow up and responsibilities come around to fuck everything up. That'll make you realize you didn't need love in the first place."