thirty three

If anyone noticed their absence and would search for them or even just open the door to the hallway, they would be caught red handed. But Jeonghan and Seungcheol couldn't care less as they kept making out passionately in the shadows of the staircase.

The only sounds that were heard were the muffled yells coming from inside combined with the smacking of their lips. Seungcheol couldn't keep his hands at one place and roamed them all over Jeonghan's back and up to his long hair, while Jeonghan kept a gentle grip on his cheeks.

On a slow pace they moved their lips in unison, opening and closing their mouths and sometimes even inserting their tongues to fight a little for dominance. Although it was clear that Seungcheol took the lead in the kiss, Jeonghan moved along with him perfectly. Soon, the movie they were watching was totally forgotten and all they wanted to do was stay in the hallway to capture every little piece of each other. Exploring each other in such an intimate way was beautiful to them.

Being so intimate with someone was like totally revealing all their secrets with just the simple gesture of a kiss. All the memories of the past that tortured them seemed to get lost and float away with the rest of their feelings, the only feelings being present being love and euphoria.

Until they had to pull back and gasp for air, loud pants filling the air right after. "I bet that's better than any horror movie." Seungcheol whispered, what sent a shiver all the way down Jeonghan's spine. He kept his face close enough to Seungcheol's to feel his short breaths tickling and heating up his own face. "I don't even care about the stupid movie anymore."

Jeonghan hungrily pressed his lips on Seungcheol's again, just pressing kisses on his lips without further deepening it. "Hey hey hey.." Seungcheol backed away slightly, leaving Jeonghan's face redder than before. "..what if someone walks in on us..? Do they even know what's going on?"

"Fuck that." Was all what needed to be said before they clashed their lips again. They tried to press their bodies against each other as close as possible, which was hardly impossible since they weren't in the most comfortable position for a make out session. So seated side by side, shoulders united, had to do it for them. For now..

Out of all the places Jeonghan imagined to be kissed like this, he never thought a staircase would be one of them. Even though it wasn't the most comfortable place and he preferred the safe environment of Seungcheol's room where they shared their first kiss just a few hours ago, he couldn't complain. Having Seungcheol's lips over his and their bodies this close felt safe no matter in what circumstances they were in.

Until suddenly..

A bright flash interrupted them. At first they thought it could have been a thunder storm, until they heard a mischievous grin that could only belong to one person.. Jeonghan, who was the first to pull back, turned around with eyes shooting fire.

"HONG FUCKING JISOO I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! AND NO-" he swatted away both Seungcheol's hands who tried to hold him back. "-TRY TO HOLD ME BACK AND YOU WILL BE MY NEXT VICTIM CHOI SEUNGCHEOL!"

Jisoo still stood there laughing like a moron, his phone held up in both hands ready for a whole photoshoot. The moment Jeonghan got up and raged down the stairs he seemed to come to his sense and he ran back into the living room, exposing Wonwoo and Soonyoung who stood right around the corner of the door, laughing equally as hard.

"I hate you all!" Jeonghan yelled as he ran after Jisoo who tried his best to escape from the furious boy, what failed miserably since he could barely move from laughter and stumbled over his own feet. "Jeonghan calm down. It's pretty normal to make out with someone you like!" Jisoo tried to calm the raging Jeonghan down, but Jeonghan had already reached the poor boy and tackled him, grabbing the nearest pillow from the couch and smacking his head with it over and over.

"As long as you don't have sex in here! I don't want my parents to come home while you two dirty teens make a mess!" Seungcheol, who stood in the door opening, instantly started laughing about Soonyoung. While Jeonghan, on the other hand, got up from torturing Jisoo and ran over to Soonyoung to fully attack him.

"Shut up! Seungcheol is still here!" Soonyoung tried to defend himself from Jeonghan's attacks but couldn't do anything against Jeonghan's aggressive one sided pillow fight. But, luckily for Soonyoung, it didn't last that long because Jeonghan felt two strong hands gripping onto his waist tightly and pulling him back before causing any possible damage to the boy he was nearly killing.

"And Seungcheol is okay with being here if they're making comments like that, don't worry Han. Now at this point I guess they already know about us so why don't we just confirm our feelings to them and stop unnecessarily killing someone?" Seungcheol calmly said to him from behind, while Jeonghan felt his body calming down, even after hearing the shocked gasps from their friends.

"I hate you too.. but you're right." The two walked to the couch and sat down next to each other while the other three automatically followed their tracks and sat down in front of them. Filled with curiosity they looked at the two boys who sat closely next to each other. Seungcheol reassured Jeonghan next to him by caressing his back up and down and giving him convincing looks.

"Do I tell them? Or do you want to?" Seungcheol sweetly asked the boy, what only made Jeonghan melt more after seeing the loving smile on his face along with it. "I think I can do it.."

Jeonghan cleared his throat and looked up, finally meeting eyes with his three best friends. They all showed him sympathy and just sat there, staring at them with excitement filling their eyes. All Jeonghan could do was wonder what he ever did to deserve such amazing friends like that. Even when he shut them out a lot after his parents divorced, they were always so supportive towards him. From the tiniest things to huge events that took place, everything seemed to be a big achievement in their eyes and they encouraged him no matter what.

And it was the first time he realized that when he looked them in the eyes, ready to tell them about him and Seungcheol.

He knew Seungcheol was the one that made him come to this point.

"I kind of really like Seungcheol. And I think he likes me too..?" Seungcheol fist bumped him against his shoulder with the hand he used on his back the whole time. "You think so? Silly!" It was Seungcheol's turn to turn at the other boys whose excitement stood at the point to burst out. "I really like him too. He might seem a little insecure about it right now but I know for sure that Hannie knows about my feelings."

"Okay wait wait wait. I hate to interrupt this but.. Jeonghan, you like Seungcheol. Seungcheol, you like Jeonghan. But in the way you two are talking I feel like you aren't an official couple yet?" Jisoo scratched the back of his head after the statement.

"That's right.." Seungcheol said, before turning back to Jeonghan.

Jeonghan felt Seungcheol's hand on his knee, slightly squeezing it to get his attention and keeping it there after their eyes met. "I know this isn't romantic at all and you might have dreamed or hoped for something way better and not right in front of your friends.. But do you want it, you know, us to be official?"

Jeonghan shyly nodded, keeping his eyes fixated on Seungcheol's only. A lot of things flashed through his mind but every word he wanted to speak swallowed back automatically and he didn't even had the chance to speak up about how he felt. Although he knew damn well that he and Seungcheol felt exact the same towards each other.

"Han, would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"Yes." Was the only thing he managed to choke out before capturing Seungcheol in a tight hug. Their friends started to cheer them on, nearly screaming out of happiness for the new made couple.

That moment was pure happiness for Jeonghan too and he wished things could stay like that forever.

but sadly,

both didn't know what lay ahead..