thirty four

For the nth time Jeonghan went through the livingroom, hugging his friends one by one. Miraculous, even Wonwoo returned his hugs, but known was that he got a little clingy as well later at night.

It was around eleven pm, but knowing they had school the day after they decided to call it a night. Jisoo would take a walk home, since he lived only a couple of blocks away and Wonwoo decided to stay over at Soonyoung's place. Jeonghan went home with Seungcheol, since he didn't really have any other place to go. Of course he knew he could always stay with his friends, but he still felt bad about bothering them with his problems.

He still didn't quite understand why he didn't feel the same way about staying with Seungcheol, but maybe it was because the elder gave him a feeling of safety whenever he was around. That might also be the main reason he preferred to stay with him for now.

"You two should join us next time too! We missed you Jeonghan." Soonyoung said, giving one last tight hug to the long haired boy. "We need to do this a lot more again! I missed this too!" And when he said he had missed it, he meant it. Going to their usual boys night again made him realize that completely shutting himself off was wrong and didn't help a single bit.

And he was so glad Seungcheol made him realize what he was missing out on. Because if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't have went in the first place and made up another stupid excuse so he didn't have to go.

"We better get going, we have to wake up early again tomorrow.." Jeonghan said, wishing the night could've went on for a little longer.

Soonyoung opened the door for the two to walk out. "Bye guys!" "Don't stay up to late huh!" Soonyoung winked at both boys and Jeonghan just waved with his hands, getting used to the comments after receiving them the entire evening.

After finding out that Seungcheol didn't mind them and even totally went along with every comment that was made, Jeonghan started to feel relaxed too.

"You'll notice that yourself tomorrow!" Seungcheol yelled back, winking at Soonyoung who's excitement took over again, just like the other two boys who had been standing right behind him in the doorframe.

Jeonghan just rolled his eyes and approached the vehicle, shouting the last thing over his shoulder. "You're all nasty! I can't believe I have you as my boyfriend and friends!"

"Says the one who invented the toe cult."

"Jisoo you decided to become friends with us too, we're in the same situation!" Jeonghan spat back, opening the car door and setting one of his feet inside. With both arms crossed he leant on the car door and tried to give Jisoo the most evil glance he was capable of. Although it only resulted in him and Jisoo ending up both laughing.

"Bye!" Jisoo sassily waved his hand before walking back inside and Soonyoung gently shut the door before waving for the nth time, as enthusiastic as he is. Jeonghan laughed about his friends typical behavior and got in the car, noticing Seungcheol was already seated in the drivers seat, ready to pull off.

"Do you usually take so long to say goodbye or was this a one time thing?" He joked while Jeonghan buckled up.

"Are you usually like this or is it just a phase?" Jeonghan took the opportunity to flick Seungcheol against the side of his forehead, the elder reaching for the spot that was hit and acting like he was in immense pain. "You asked for it yourself!"

"Okay, okay, you're right.." Seungcheol twisted his car keys and got the engine started, slowly driving off in the dark night on the way back to his place. A comfortable silence fell in the car as Seungcheol was focussing on the road where little to no cars were seen this late, and Jeonghan staring out of the window. He focussed on everything and nothing, letting the dark surroundings slide past his view.

Less than a week ago, when they started the project, he would have never expected things to turn out this way. It was weird, how Seungcheol managed to help him through so many things in such a short amount of time already. If it wasn't for him, Jeonghan would have stayed in the exact same situation he had been in for more than a month, probably even worse.

And even though he still had a lot to work on, someone would be by his side to help him get through anything. Jeonghan had thought he didn't even necessarily needed the help and support in the first place, but Seungcheol made him realize how much he did need it. How much he needed the safety he had to offer him.

But his train of thoughts got interrupted when he felt a gentle grip midway their ride one of his thighs. He averted his gaze down and saw Seungcheol's hand relaxed cupping his upper leg, managing to drive with one hand as safe as always.

"Shouldn't you be driving with two hands on the wheel?"

"I can drive with one hand as well. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made a move like that so quickly. I can pull it back if you want-" Just when Seungcheol was about to pull back his hand, Jeonghan grabbed his arm so his hand stayed in the exact same place.

"Just as long as we don't get a car crash." Jeonghan said, what made Seungcheol let out a soft grin. "I really like this.." He added in a soft whisper, nearly audible for Seungcheol to hear.

Of course he liked the gesture. The touch. It gave him tingling feelings in his entire body and the feeling of safety only grew more and more. The feeling like Seungcheol was able to protect him from anything, just by laying his hand up his thigh. And it only got better when he started caressing him softly with his thumb, what probably was caused by Jeonghan saying he liked it.

Looking up at one of the million stars in the darkness of the night Jeonghan silently made a wish.

For him and Seungcheol to stay like that forever.