thirteen

Just like any other normal day Jeonghan walked trough the entrance of his school building. Only this time he was more nervous than ever before. Questions lingered trough his head when he walked towards his locker.

Was Seungcheol serious the night before? About spooning and cuddling him? 

Was he actually going to walk up to him to give him a hug? 

What if he was influenced with alcohol? Although Seungcheol didn't seem like a person to get drunk easily and without further reason. 

Jeez Jeonghan stop!  He told himself, trying to calm himself down the slightest bit. 

There was absolutely nothing to worry about after all, right? The only thing that was, maybe, going to happen was a hug. Now what's the big deal of a hug? Jeonghan only wondered how Seungcheol's arms would feel around him ever since they started getting at ease around each other. Not even to start about the fact he slept in his hoodie all night because the scent calmed him down...

Maybe there was something to worry about. 

But his nerves calmed down a tiny bit when he heard the familiar sound of Jisoo's voice when he opened his locker. 

"Jeonghaaaaannnn" Jisoo said in a mischievous tone while he leaned against the locker next to Jeonghan's "do you have anything you want to tell us?" 

Jeonghan felt confused, but figured it might be about Seungcheol. Heat rose up to his cheeks and he tried to act casual like always. "Why i didn't bombard the toe cult with text's last night? Or-" "-or why you were busy talking with Seungcheol?" Wonwoo interrupted them.

Jeonghan's eyes widened a little when he realized his friends knew exactly what was going on although he hadn't told them anything about the day before himself. Jisoo, Wonwoo and Soonyoung made an 'oooh' sound at the same time, what embarrassed Jeonghan only further. 

"Well.. I mean.. he's nice.." Jeonghan quickly closed his locker again, turning around to face them. He reached his hand up to scratch his neck in embarrassment. 

"Nice..?" Wonwoo asked, lifting his eyebrow and giving him a questioning look. 

"You know.. he's really sweet and caring.." He admitted, painting his cheeks a few shades darker than they were before. 

"And inhumanly handsome! Where did you score that?!" Jisoo said victorious, throwing an arm around Jeonghan's shoulder while they started walking trough he hallway. "Seriously, how can you get that good at your first try?" Soonyoung added "Can you teach me?" 

"You can't convince me you're into badass tops." Wonwoo said bluntly, leaving Soonyoung giggling. 

"Nah you're right. I'm going for a cute little boyfriend." Soonyoung said, having obviously someone on his mind where the rest didn't know the existence of...

"Back to Han! So where were the two of you yesterday?" Jisoo asked, curious about Jeonghan's 'love life', if he could even call it that. 

"Well, to be honest.. we started off with a fight." Jeonghan said, what left the rest gasping "but we made up yesterday morning and went to his house afterwards to work on the project. Al tough we didn't really do anything more than playing games." 

"If that ain't some boyfriend material!" Jisoo said, proudly patting him on his back.

"That is so cute!" Soonyoung squealed, while they turned around the corner. 

His friends proceed to talk about it as if Jeonghan and Seungcheol would get married the day after and Jeonghan zoned a little out again. Until he felt a gentle grip on his shoulder. At first he assumed it was Jisoo, who had his arm around his shoulder before. But when he saw Soonyoung walking in-between him and and Jisoo his heartbeat dropped, knowing exactly who stood behind him. 

Jeonghan stopped in his tracks and turned around. Only to get embraced by a warm pair of arms while his face met a broad shoulder. His stress he felt before disappeared the moment he smelled the familiar scent that lingered on the hoodie he wore that night and every muscle in his body seemed to relax. 

The moment Seungcheol took him in his arms he knew he found safety. 

He felt safe, understood and loved at the same time and he wished they weren't at school so he could've hold onto it longer. But they couldn't, knowing it would call a lot of suspicion. So they let go again, Jeonghan's cheeks flushed pink. He felt the stares of his friends poking in his back but he tried to ignore it, knowing he should deal with it later. Seungcheol, in the meanwhile, didn't seem to worry about anything and looked as confident as always. 

"I told you I would straight up hug you when i first saw you. Now, did I deserve the title already?" He said, what left Jeonghan even more blushing. 

"For scientific purposes I think you have to show it a little more" Jeonghan giggled nervously, trying to shake it off a little. But in all honesty he added "thank you." What made Seungcheol smile as if he just won the lottery. 

"You must be Seungcheol!" Jisoo suddenly appeared right next to Jeonghan and offered his hand to Seungcheol, who shook it without further hesitation. His proud smile never left his face, what made Jeonghan admire him only more. "The one and only! And you are..?" 

"Jisoo. Hong Jisoo." jisoo answered, while they shook hands and pulled apart "And those two are Wonwoo and Soonyoung!" 

Soonyoung immediately went up to Seungcheol, filled with enthusiasm while they shook hands. "It's so nice to meet you!" He said in his usual happy tone. And to everyone's surprise, even Wonwoo walked up to him to shake hands. "You should join our toe cult man." 

A confused frown appeared on Seungcheol's face while he turned back to Jeonghan. "A.. toe cult? Should I be worried or?"Jeonghan started laughing, waving it away. "It's the name of our group chat. Absolutely nothing to worry about! I can add you.. right?" He shot a hopeful glance over at his friends, who immediately started nodding and pointing at his phone. 

And Jeonghan was so happy his friends perfectly went along with Seungcheol.