twenty five

The tension in Jeonghan's bedroom was extremely high and the two boys felt like they couldn't move a single muscle in their bodies. Jeonghan still had both hands somewhere on Seungcheol's chest, what might have given off the wrong idea to his mother. The most painful silence of his life lingered in the room and the two boys felt sick of fear while they kept staring at Jeonghan's mother.

She just stood there with her arms crossed, shotting glances from Seungcheol to Jeonghan. Like a predator ready to attack her prey, what was exactly what she was about to do.

"So? None of you is going to explain to me?" Jeonghan suddenly sat straight, pulling Seungcheol up in the process. "Since when are you even into boys? Is this one of your rebellious teenage stages?"

"I've liked boys for over a year, since when do you even care?" Jeonghan spat back. At this point he couldn't care about having respect towards his parents anymore. He tried so long to keep them happy with everything he did, especially his mother. But how could he stay the perfect son when she behaved like this all the time.

"And immediately that attitude again. Why don't you and that.." With hesitation and a disgusted look on her face she pointed at Seungcheol, whose expression immediately turned hurt. "..that boy of yours go elsewhere? Perhaps to your boyfriends house!" "That boy has a name!"

"Defending your boyfriend, aren't you?" "You bet I am!" Jeonghan looks right next to him, only to see a shocked Seungcheol. Jeonghan knew it might have been wrong to agree with his mother on the whole boyfriend part, but he couldn't care. Seeing Seungcheol hurt gave him the feeling he wanted to take him under his protection instead of the other way around. So he got up from the bed and stood right in front of the woman.

The feeling of fear shot through his veins while he stood in front of his mother like that. But he would end it right there. His mother went too far and Jeonghan finally realized he couldn't take anymore. "You know what, yes. Seungcheol is actually taking me with him because I don't want to be here any longer. Every single time I try to talk to you you get mad and my mental health has been going down extremely much lately. And I know that you don't care, but I'm done with it."

The room fell in another painful silence and the only sound that was heard was the panting of Jeonghan after he poured his heart out by his mother. He had told her more than ever before and he knew she would either get very mad or she would walk away, telling him another insult before leaving him behind.

"You're just like your dad, running away when things get tough. But you know what, I'll be better off without you. Just go away Jeonghan and take that stupid boyfriend of yours with you on the way out." She stepped aside, making a hand gesture for him to walk past it.

"We're going." He yelled over his shoulder to Seungcheol, never breaking the eye contact between him and his mother. Her eyes shot deathly glances and Jeonghan wondered how he stayed so strong through this one. Most of the times she hit right on his sensitive spots, especially when she mentioned his dad or when she even compared him to his dad. Which was one of the most painful things to him since he absolutely didn't want to follow his example. But this time he knew Seungcheol was there and it gave him such a huge confidence boost.

It was over now. His mother couldn't hurt him no longer. He would walk down that stairs, shut the door behind him and leave in the black safe jeep with Seungcheol sitting next to him. They would drive away and don't look back to the damage his mother had caused to him.

Once Seungcheol stood next to him and Jeonghan felt his presence he did the same thing he had done the night before when they arrived at the house. Boldly, he grabbed Seungcheol's hand and pulled him along with him on his way out. While his mother turned all the way around to follow the two boys with her stare, they didn't look back. Jeonghan kept walking until he was down the stairs, kneeling to pull on his shoes just like Seungcheol.

The only couple of seconds where they were forced to let go before they grabbed hold of each other's hands again.

"Even your dad would be disappointed in what you became." Was the last thing he heard from up the stairs before he slammed the door back in its lock again, marching his way to the car.

They both stepped in on their own sides of the vehicle and Seungcheol twisted the keys in its lock as quick as possible, so they could drive away from the terrific place. Once they were on the road again Jeonghan noticed how bad his knees were shaking. He shut his eyes tightly closed and banged his head aggressively backwards against the headrest of the chair.

"Fuck!" He yelled out loud before covering his face with both his hands.

Tears of frustration started leaving his eyes again. So many mixed feelings went through his body. Sadness, because he had just left the place he lived for practically his whole life and because of the hurtful words his mom spat at him. But also furious, desolated, lost and strangely even safe. Finally he was able to get away from the terror he called his mother.

"Let's get some coffee. My treat!" Seungcheol reassuring pat Jeonghan's knee before driving with two hands on the steering wheel again. "You can use some."

Jeonghan agreed with his statement. It was still nine in the morning and after the abnormal scene that played at his house he could indeed use some coffee.