twenty six

Seungcheol came walking towards the table all the way in the back with two cups of steaming hot coffee in both hands. He gave Jeonghan the responsibility to pick a spot and he already expected Jeonghan to pick somewhere more quiet than the rest of the cafe. Jeonghan was a person that shut himself off from the world once something happened, especially after the horrifying encounter they had just twenty minutes ago.

The long haired boy's face instantly lit up when he saw the grand cup of coffee Seungcheol placed right in front of him. "You got me whipped cream!" Jeonghan exclaimed happily while he admired the piece of art that stood right in front of him on the small dark wooden table. He had asked for a regular coffee, but of course Seungcheol had to do a little more to surprise him and get his thoughts on something else for at least the slightest second.

But it seemed to work perfectly because Jeonghan grabbed the teaspoon from the table and happily started eating the whipped cream off it bite by bite.

"I knew you'd like it, so I thought why not make your coffee even better when it's on my treat anyways!" Jeonghan smiled even brighter than before when he looked up to see the proud look that was plastered onto Seungcheol's face. "I could literally kiss you right now!"

Seungcheol, who just took his first sip of coffee, coughed and barely succeed to swallow the hot liquid. Jeonghan felt his cheeks turn bright red from embarrassment. "I mean.. metaphorically! You know.. I wouldn't actually kiss you.."

"I would." Seungcheol said in all honesty, leaving Jeonghan in utter silence. "You would?" Jeonghan asked boldly, although his voice only came out as a soft whisper.

"I could literally lean over the table right now to kiss away the whipped cream that's right above your lip. It would be the perfect excuse." Seungcheol licked his lips on that statement, as if he indeed was ready to shove away their coffee's and to press his lips on Jeonghan's. "But I won't. Because I want to give you your space and time. And besides, you deserve a special and romantic first kiss."

"Who said I haven't had my first kiss yet?!" Jeonghan spat back in defense.

"You did?"

"Well.. not exactly.." Jeonghan fidget the spoon in his fingers while he hid his face a little behind his long hair, a little habit that occurred whenever he felt shy. "But would you do that?" Seungcheol grinned and moved both his hands to Jeonghan's face to brush away his long brown hair, tucking it behind his ears. "I would definitely."

Jeonghan knew Seungcheol was straightforward, but he never expected him to be this straightforward about his feelings. Despite the fact that it made him shy, it also made him gain a whole lot of confidence that he lacked before. Seeing that there was someone out there who cared about him and also saw him in the same romantic way Jeonghan pictured them to be in.

And even though their morning started off in pure horror, Jeonghan knew this was the perfect day to fall in love.

If they hadn't fallen already.

"I'd love that." Jeonghan said before he focussed back on the coffee in front of him, munching the last bits of whipped cream off his spoon. "How is your coffee? Do you like it?" Seungcheol asked after Jeonghan took his first sip of the hot liquid. He changed the subject so casually, you would almost say they never had the weirdly exiting conversation a few seconds before.

"I love it! Might be the best I've ever had." Jeonghan answered full of enthusiasm.

"That's exactly why this is my favorite cafe!" Seungcheol's smile made place for a frown when he took a small sip, careful to not burn his tongue. "Unfortunately they're closing the cafe in a few months. The owner is moving to Japan to open up a new cafe and since he doesn't have any employees the place will be closed and sold to anyone who will be interested."

Jeonghan's jaw dropped upon hearing Seungcheol's statement. "You're joking?" Seungcheol shook his head after taking another sip. "I wish I was.. But you know, ever since I was little I dreamt about opening a cafe!" The face of the long haired boy instantly lit up.

"You're telling me you might buy the cafe?" Seungcheol nodded with a proud smile plastered to his face. "Well... I'm thinking about it!"

"I will stop by every day to drink coffee if you're doing it!" Jeonghan exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement. "And I would serve you something special everyday if you came by! I would even reserve you your own seat wherever you like to sit."

"I want a seat at the window! Oh and what about a name? Cheol's cafe sounds cute? And light cables! Can I help you with that?-" "-Don't get too exited about it Hannie. We're still in school and I'm still not sure about it! Maybe it's just a childhood dream that I should leave in the past. I'm eighteen already, maybe it's for the best if I grow up and move on with my life. Get a more mature look on the things in my life."

"But what if that cafe dream is an important part of you that helps you grow up?" Jeonghan suggested what reflected in Seungcheol letting out a chuckle that echoed in the coffee cup he brought up to his lips again. "You're only saying that for your own benefits!"

"I'm not! I would love to see you chasing your dreams. And a barista outfit would definitely look really good on you." He shamelessly added the last part, although it managed to paint a cloud of red on both their cheeks. "Maybe. Who knows." Seungcheol playfully winked before downing the last bits of his coffee.

Suddenly an magnificent idea overwhelmed Jeonghan. Or maybe he could better call it a feeling.

happiness.

"Cheol can I take a photo of you?" Seungcheol shrugged while he placed his empty cup on the wooden table. "Sure. Any specific reasons?"

Jeonghan, without answering Seungcheol's question, reached for his phone that was in his jeans' back pocket. He opened his camera and snapped his photo while Seungcheol laughed to his device, wearing the confident smile Jeonghan was used from him.

A huge smile appeared on Jeonghan's face too when he opened his gallery to admire the scene he had just captured.

"Now why did you want a picture of me out of sudden?" Jeonghan, who still smiled glorious, showed him the photo.

"Don't you understand it?" Seungcheol shook his head, not getting what it was all about.

"I'm sorry Han."

"Silly. It's the project! We should show our sources of happiness. This moment, this place.. you! This is my happiness!"