fifteen

"You should join me to the beach tonight." 

Jeonghan munched on a piece of pizza they had ordered while the two boys sat on the kitchen table. He had spent the rest of the afternoon with Seungcheol, laying on his bed. After a while Seungcheol decided to play a movie, what ended up in Jeonghan falling asleep. 

Even though he told Seungcheol he was just tired, he himself knew other wise. Jeonghan hadn't been sleeping well in the past month, always waking up at ungodly hours and sneaking out of the house only to mess up his sleep schedule further. But since the moment Seungcheol took him in his arms he had been feeling safe. And so he eventually fell asleep, catching up on some hours he never knew he needed so much. 

"How about you get some rest tonight and I take you to the beach tomorrow?" Seungcheol said in a more ordering way than as a question. 

"But-" "-You know I'm not letting you finish that sentence." Jeonghan instantly pouted, what resulted in Seungcheol patting his head in sympathy. "Tomorrow, okay?" 

"Okay.." Jeonghan gave in "But can you drive me home? I mean I'm also okay with walking but since you have a car..?" He knew Seungcheol couldn't say no to that by the huge smile that appeared on his face. And as he expected, he agreed with it. 

"I'll take you home after we finish our pizza's." 

For a while they both silently ate, sharing glances every now and then. It felt comfortable, knowing there were not much words needed for both to enjoy the atmosphere. Jeonghan was glad he found someone that made him feel understood without having to say a single word. 

"Have you ever dated a boy?" Jeonghan suddenly asked being the curious person he is. 

"No, not really. I've never had a relationship before. How about you?" Seungcheol answered without showing much emotion. While Jeonghan in the meanwhile had to gather all his courage to ask him such question. 

"I've never really had a relationship as well." He answered after swallowing a piece of pizza. "How did you find you you're into boys?" 

"I don't know. Before I was twelve I've never really experienced any romantical feelings towards anyone and that's when I started doubting if I actually liked girls. A little later I found myself getting attracted to male body shapes and everything about it pulled my interest. So I guess that's when I knew I wasn't into girls." Seungcheol ended with a smile. "How did you find out?" 

"I think the same way as you did. I never really had any interest in girls. And when I was watching movies I found myself getting easily attracted to the male actors. So I guess that's how I knew I was gay." 

"But they're actors! Producers nowadays only pick the hottest guys!" Seungcheol said, what was true though. 

"As if there aren't any hot guys in real life!" Jeonghan defended is point. 

"Prove it!" Seungcheol threw back with an evil smirk playing on his lips. 

"You!" Jeonghan yelled, but immediately dropped the slice of pizza his was holding the moment he realized he said that out loud. "I mean.. you know.. ah forget it!" Completely embarrassed he took another bite, trying to hide his face a little behind his long hair. 

"Could you perhaps repeat that for me?" Seungcheol asked, his smirk only growing wider.

"What? Forget it?" Jeonghan played dumb although both knew better than that. 

"No no no, a little before that."

"About the hot guys in real life?" 

"And right after that you mentioned..." 

"Mhm, I have no idea what i said? Do you-" He interrupted his own sentence by stuffing a whole piece of pizza in his mouth. "ifthwnkiwswaidywou.?" 

"Yoon Jeonghan, you're the cutest!" Seungcheol said, tucking a strand of hair behind Jeonghan's ear so his face would be more visible again. "Sorry, I'm just messing around a little. Please tell me if you ever feel uncomfortable with it or anything." 

"Please don't stop." Jeonghan said, opening his vulnerable side again when he looked directly into Seungcheol's eyes. But he closed off again when he realized he said it out loud and added a joke behind it. "Because I want to roast you back!" 

He looked down to his pizza box, only to see his and Seungcheol's were both empty. Which meant, he had to go home. 

"Shall I bring you home then?" Seungcheol offered, closing both cardboard boxes and walking over to the trash can. Jeonghan secretly laughed about the fact Seungcheol actually threw the boxes away instead of piling them up with the rest in his room. 

"Yeah let's go." He said, standing up from the chair and following Seungcheol through the maze of hallways to the coat rack near the front door. Seungcheol handed over his coat and pulled on his own before opening the door and leading Jeonghan outside with him. 

"What time do we have school tomorrow?" Jeonghan asked while they stepped in the car at the same time. 

"It's Saturday tomorrow silly!" Seungcheol answered while he twisted his car key and the motor started running. He drove off the terrain of the huge mansion and drove away. 

Jeonghan had to admit he felt a little sad he couldn't attend school the day after. Meeting Seungcheol two days before really changed his view on things and although they hadn't done much on the project yet, he felt a lot better with Seungcheol's presence around him. Sometimes he felt so good, he was able to forget about all the problems he had back at home. 

"Oh yes.. of course.." He answered, hoping his disappointment didn't shone through too much. 

"We're still going to the beach tomorrow night, right?" Seungcheol asked, what lit up Jeonghan's mood in less than a second. Going to the beach together seemed so much better than going to school to him. The beach at night was a place where he could really be himself and having Seungcheol around him, walking next to him under the curtain of darkness and stars, would be the best possible thing he could imagine. 

"Well, yes! I would love to!" Jeonghan replied, eyeing to Seungcheol who shot a quick glance to him, focussing on the road right afterwards again.

"So should I pick you up? Or just come to the beach and we meet up there?" Seungcheol asked while he smoothly drove the way to Jeonghan's house. To Jeonghan's surprise he perfectly remembered every turn they had to take, although it wasn't that far away from his own house anyways. 

"We can meet up there? Picking me up is unnecessary since I live on walking distance to it."

"Sure thing! What time do you want me to be there?"

"I usually go around one or two? Is that fine with you?"

"Of course! Let's meet at one?" 

"Yes! Let's do that!"