thirty

Just when Jeonghan and Seungcheol were about to leave the dinner table again, Jeonghan's phone started buzzing. Confused as to who was calling him he reached for his phone in his back pocket and checked the caller id. 

americatoe

accept / decline 

"Jeonghan!" Jisoo's bubbly voice hit his ear the moment he picked up. 

"Hey Jisoo! Why are you calling?" Seungcheol, who had been standing in front of him since his phone started ringing, seemed to understand who he was calling with and his confused face made place for an understanding smile. 

"I saw you didn't read the messages yet. You were the only who who hadn't replied."

"Messages?"

"Yes! Soonyoung asked us over. Movie night at his place, 7 pm. Didn't you read that?" 

Jeonghan showed a slightly panicked expression once he realized he hadn't been on his phone all day and completely forgot about every other living existence besides him and Seungcheol. "I'm so sorry! I haven't been on my phone all day because I was.. eh.. busy." A low chuckle was heard on the other side of the phone and he could imagine the evil expression on Jisoo's face. 

"Let me guess.. Seungcheol! You there?" Seungcheol, who had been overhearing their conversation for the whole time, started laughing and Jeonghan stuck out the phone to him so Seungcheol could properly answer Jisoo. 

"Jisoo! Hey! Yes I'm here. Better said, Jeonghan is at my place right now." 

"You two should get married already!" 

Jeonghan aggressively pulled back the phone, whisper yelling at Jisoo. "If you don't shut your fucking mouth I'm coming over to shut it for eternity."  

"So you're coming over!" 

"Well-"

"Great! That's set! See you at 7 pm at Soonyoung's place! Oh and don't forget to bring Seungcheol. Bye Jeonghan!" Before Jeonghan could protest Jisoo had already hung up the phone, not giving him the choice whether he would come or not. 

Seeing Seungcheol's excited expression Jeonghan knew they were forced to go. Although he had to admit, this time he was quite excited to join them too. Ever since his parents divorced he had declined every plan they made and always made up excuses to stay at home or at the beach. Not because he didn't want to see them, he was just too scared he would be a burden and would ruin their nights. 

Even though Jeonghan was extremely good at hiding his feelings and being his happy self all the time, he still felt too anxious about going. Scared he might ruin it for everyone. Even when those nights used to be his favorite things to go to.

Jeonghan checked the digits on his phone. 18:36. That meant they only had less than half an hour left to get ready. "They invited me too?" Seungcheol asked, still not over the fact that Jeonghan's friends accepted him so easily. 

"Yes! What's actually quite a benefit for me so I don't have to walk all the way to soonyoung's place.." 

"You're just lazy!"

"Says you! Grandpa!"

"Why am I a grandpa!? We jumped through my room half an hour ago! Have you ever seen any old man do that?"