fifty five

The door slammed against the wall as Jisoo barged into the room, running up to Jeonghan who hadn't bothered to move from the uncomfortable position he had slept in. His head still leaning back against the doors of the closet, giving Jisoo a clear view on his tears stained face. Jeonghan's always neat hair pointed out in different directions, making him look like a bigger wreck than he already was. 

"O my god, Jeonghan.. what happened to you?" Jisoo threw himself on the floor beside him, supporting his weight on his knees, as he grabbed hold of the back of Jeonghan's head, gently bringing it to his shoulder. He let his fingers dread trough his long hair as the broken boy started crying all over again now his best friend finally arrived. 

"Ji-isoo.. He.. he.. left m-me.." Was what Jeonghan managed to choke out before his sobs got too loud to speak up properly. 

"Shhh. Calm down, you can't talk like this. Come on repeat after me.." Jisoo gently moved back and forced Jeonghan to look at his example, grabbing hold of both his hands and resting them in his lap. "Breathe in.." 

Jeonghan rose his chest and took in a good amount of oxygen before Jisoo told him to "..breathe out.." again, following the boy in front of him a few times in a row until he was finally able to breathe properly again. 

Tears stopped streaming down his face and for the first time that morning he calmed down, giving himself the chance to think straight again about what had exactly happened, instead of the only thing he could think of was Seungcheol walking out of that door. 

"Now. Can you tell me what happened?" Jisoo was still insecure about the fact whether Jeonghan wanted to talk to him or not. He knew Jeonghan had barely spoke to him about everything that happened at home ever since his parents divorced and maybe confronting him about this whole situation about Seungcheol hadn't been his best decision. 

But then again, seeing Jeonghan in this vulnerable and broken state made him overly worried and he had to do at least something to help him. 

And to his luck, Jeonghan didn't complain nor felt uncomfortable when he started talking about what happened the night before. 

"He just left.." was the first thing he said before getting deeper into it and clarifying the reason behind it. "I- I don't understand it. We had an amazing day until he started acting weird after dinner. Constantly checking the time like he was waiting for something. We were cuddling on his bed, watching some movie and I felt like it was getting worse. So I asked him why he was acting weird and he just snapped. He got up from the bed and pulled on a coat, telling me that he was leaving and that he.. he-" saying the last thing made tears well up in his eyes again, thinking about the words Seungcheol had spoke to him the evening before. 

"..he broke up with me.. and told me he had never even loved me in the first place.." 

Tears started running down his now red skin again. However, his facial expression remained calm and he cried soundlessly, too emotional tired to start sobbing all over again. 

He trailed his eyes back to his best friend who still tightly held onto both his hands. It was hard to tell how Jisoo felt about it, his expression reflecting mostly anger and confusion. 

"Seungcheol?" He asked out loud, mostly to himself than to Jeonghan. 

"Yes.." 

"Do you know where he is right now? Did he tell you where he had to go? He can't just leave his own house and not return?" Jisoo asked, finding the situation absolutely strange. 

"I have no idea. The only thing he told me was that he had to leave and didn't want to be with me anymore. I literally have no clue where he is right now. Heck, i don't even know if he's coming back." 

A rush of anger shot through Jisoo's veins and he let out a yell, breaking loose from his usual calm self. "This asshole! When I find the son of a bitch I'll make sure he won't make it out alive. How on earth could he do this to you?"  

Jeonghan shrugged, staring at the floor without showing many emotions. "I don't know.. maybe it was because of his ex." 

He heard how Jisoo sharply inhaled upon hearing the word ex. "Wait, now it's getting a little difficult. What does his ex has to do with this?"

Jeonghan let out a sigh, knowing he had to fully explain how they came at this point. "Me and Seungcheol went to a cafe, two days ago and his ex girlfriend suddenly showed up when he went to the bathroom. She told me she had to warn me for Seungcheol and that they were in contact or whatsoever, but i didn't understand anything at that point. When Seungcheol came back from the toilet he dragged her outside and explained to me later that she was his ex, but that their parents forced them into a relationship. It was so vague and I still don't understand a single thing about it." 

Jisoo seemed to understand as much as Jeonghan did; barely anything. 

"I never expected something like this from someone like Seungcheol. I really didn't." Jisoo said, shaking his head in disbelieve. "but you can't stay here. This place has too many memories and I don't think you feel any better by locking yourself up in his room." 

Suddenly Jeonghan tightened his grip on Jisoo's hands, who was just about to get up again, giving him a panicked glare. "Jisoo, I can't go home. My mom kicked me out a couple days ago." 

Jisoo wanted to ask more, but seeing Jeonghan desperately holding onto him made him realize he couldn't do anything else but to look after his best friend. "You can stay at my house as long as you need to. Are you okay with that?" 

Jeonghan nodded, letting Jisoo pull him up and accompany him to the door. One last time he looked over his shoulder, eyeing the messy sheets on the bed. The bed where they used to cuddle so much, the place where he had the confidence to present himself shirtless to someone for the first time. The curtains, where the sun used to peek through early at morning, while now it only reflected the shadows of the raindrops that stained the big windows. 

Even the pile of pizza boxes in the corner Seungcheol still refused to throw out gave him memories about the first day he barged in here, desperately wanting to clean his room. 

"Wait." He suddenly pulled his hand back from Jisoo's grip and ran to the closet, opening the door Seungcheol usually got his clothes from. The first thing his eye landed on was the black and green colored hoodie Seungcheol wore one time on the beach and in the adorable picture he had sent him, neatly folded on top of the pile. 

Quickly, Jeonghan snatched it from his closet, hugging the fabric tightly against his chest. "I'm sorry.. I can't just leave without having anything that reminds me of him.. i don't want to delete him from my existence just yet..." Jeonghan apologized, but Jisoo just gave him a small chuckle, totally understanding his move. 

"You don't have to apologize to me Jeonghan. I don't blame you for taking something that reminds you of him. It's still a fresh wound that needs time to heal and this hoodie might help you with that." He reassured him, finally stepping out of the room and making their way downstairs through the mansion.

If Jisoo only knew how much worse it would get..