thirty eight

"Yenna. Long time no see. How's dad?"

An evil grin was heard on the other side of the phone, making Seungcheol shiver on the warm spring day.

"He wants you back." The girl spoke.

For a brief second they remained silent, Seungcheol's legs trembling so hard that if he couldn't sit down any sooner he would collapse. Instead, he leant with his back against his wall, trying his hardest not to hit his head back against it in anger.

"I'm not coming back. You shouldn't have called me in the first place." Seungcheol hissed angrily, feeling his blood boil.

"Ah Seungcheol.. you've never been an easy one to keep up with huh?" Another mischievous grin was heard over the phone. "Meet me at twelve. My driver picks you up right outside the school gates."

"The school gates..?" And uneasy feeling crept over him as his eye shot over to the gates, suspecting every moving thing that was out there. They found him? How did they find him? He travelled the entire country to escape them for good, how could they possibly have found him?

"Calm down Seungcheol, you won't see us from the position we're in. You always caught up on things later than it was good for your own sake. You were always too late." The emphasis she lay on the words too late sent shivers down Seungcheols spine, knowing she was right.

"Why the fuck should I listen to you?! You can't do anything to me and how can you prove you're not bluffing?" He clenched his fist and tried not to scream out of anger, noticing there were more students around him and he didn't want to give himself off as some sort of psychopath. Instead, he started chewing on the inside of his cheek out of habit he had built up when he felt stressed.

"Maybe you can ask the boy you're always with. What's his name again.. huh? Wasn't it something like.. Jeong..? I swear it started with a J.. Ahh I remember, Jeonghan. Isn't it?"

Seungcheol's heart sank all the way to his feet upon hearing his boyfriends name. He gasped for air and was scared he might fall to the ground if he didn't have anything to hold himself on to. No this couldn't be happening. A drop of cold sweat ran all the way down his back and if it wasn't for all the students who surrounded him, he would've let his body collapse against the wall and he would have cried his heart out.

"Leave him alone, please." Seungcheol begged, what only made the girl his age on the other side of the phone cackle trice as hard. "You really think we're going to play it that easy on you after you just vanished? For fucks sake Seungcheol, you're even more stupid than I thought you were."

After pulling himself together again he grunted. "Fine. I'll be there. But if you're gonna-" "-for gods sake, safe me your pathetic 'i'm gonna kill you' we all know you're too big of a pussy for that. Just make sure you'll be there before we do something to you. Or even worse, your little boyfriend Jeonghan. Twelve o'clock, not a second later. You understand?"

"Yes! Yes.. I'll be there." He replied aggressively, being followed by a beep every other second.

She hung up. She hung up the goddamn phone. Leaving Seungcheol totally unknown of what to do next. It was only ten in the morning, so he still had to wait for a whole two hours before he could do anything.

He checked his phone, again, trying to find a possibility to call or contact her back. But there wasn't any since she called him anonymously and he had no other contacts to her after he totally blocked her out of his life the moment he ran away to Seoul. He never expected them to find him this soon.

Of course he knew that a time would come where they would find him. But he never expected it would be this soon. He had only been here for two months and he was certainly not planning on going back there. Ever since he came here he had hoped they wouldn't spill their precious time on finding him, but deep inside him he had always known that no matter what, they would find his tracks and come for him anyways.

No matter how hard he ran away or how far he went, they would always find him somehow.

Seungcheol calmed his breath and brushed a hand through his hair, pulling himself together and standing straight again. After finding his balance on two feet, he knew he was ready to walk back to their table, acting like nothing had happened.

How could he tell them after all? Especially Jeonghan. The boy trusted him with all he had, and Seungcheol knew that. And he felt sorry about it. Seungcheol should have known better at the moment the two met, but how could he resist him? Jeonghan and him felt like two magnets, getting pulled towards each other with such a strength, they couldn't possibly escape it.

And he totally fell for Jeonghan. Not only because of his adorably handsome appearance, but because they understood each other in a way no one else did. Seungcheol could proudly say he knew nearly everything about his boyfriend, while Jeonghan didn't even came close to that.

Telling him the truth would only bring him in danger and that was officially the last thing Seungcheol wanted to achieve. It pained Seungcheol in every possible way, knowing that he had lied to his boyfriend for the past week.

But how could he tell him the truth?

How could Seungcheol put Jeonghan in a harder situation than he already was in?

Slumping back at the table, Seungcheol sat down in his previous spot: next to his boyfriend, sneaking a hand over Jeonghan's back and down to his waist. He pulled Jeonghan completely against his body and gave him one of his warm usual smile.

Correction: one of his fake warm usual smiles.

Seeing Jeonghan smiling back at him, the boy who went through a lot already, with his angel like appearance, made Seungcheol realize there was only one thing he had to do.

Protect him. No matter at what cost.