forty eight

Waking up in Seungcheol's arms felt surreal. Being surrounded by his safely warm scent made the urge to keep his eyes closed only bigger, wanting to be surrounded by it forever. He listened to the rhythm of his heartbeat mixed with the sound of his steady breathing and to Jeonghan, it sounded better than music. 

While their hung a calm atmosphere inside the bedroom, outside the wind howled through the leaves of the big oaks in the front yard. Rain clattered with a big force against the windows. But Jeonghan couldn't care less. 

He didn't have to worry about the weather outside when he was wrapped up in the warmth and safety of Seungcheol. Making the thought of staying in bed all day even more attractive to Jeonghan than it already was. 

With a silent groan Jeonghan shuffled a little in his position, stretching his arms and yawning before relaxing his head on Seungcheol's bare chest again. "Mhm..Hannie.." Seungcheol murmured as Jeonghan felt the elder's nose being pressed against his forehead, making him giggle. 

Both boys were too lazy to actually open their eyes or make the first move to actually get out of bed. 

"Do we have school today?"

"No.. we don't.." Seungcheol pulled Jeonghan a little higher up his chest and clamped onto him tighter, being the clingy boyfriend he is. "We're actually supposed to work on the project again." 

Jeonghan giggled, stroking his nose up against the muscles in Seungcheol's neck. "As if.. Although we should stay on it sooner or later since the deadline is coming closer."

"Han. The deadline is literally in one and a half month. What are we worrying about. We both know exactly what our source of happiness is so the project should be easy. Or maybe that's just how I see it.." 

Jeonghan looked up, eyeing the tired eyes of Seungcheol. His black hair yet again stuck out in every possible position, making it harder for Jeonghan to fight the urge to move his hand up to ruffle through it. "How you see it? What's your source of happiness then?" 

Although it seemed pretty clear at this point, Jeonghan had to admit he was still pretty scared Seungcheol might say the opposite out of sudden. He didn't know why, but finally having someone he fully loved and trusted seemed scary at times. The thought he might not return the same feeling was what frightened him. But hearing a low chuckle escape the elder's lips brought him at ease. 

"You're my source of happiness dummy. I thought you figured by now." Seungcheol leaned down and pecked Jeonghan's nose, making Jeonghan close his eyes and lean further in his warmth. 

"Sorry.. I just get insecure about it sometimes.." 

"You don't have to be, Hannie. You're literally sleeping half naked with me right now." 

Jeonghan laughed and hid his face back in Seungcheol's broad chest. "About my feelings stupid!" 

"I was joking Han, of course I don't want you to be insecure about your feelings with me. I wish I could give you the perfect view of how much I love you, but I know it takes time with you." Jeonghan lowered his face a little. Hearing the words 'i know it takes time with you' was hard to hear. Because Jeonghan was aware of the issues he carried along with him, but it saddened him to hear it also affected his relationship with Seungcheol. 

An index finger under his chin raised his head up, making him eye the face he loved the most. "But you know what, I love to take as much time with you as it takes. You deserve to heal after what happened to you and you deserve something you can hold on to. And I know it might get hard sometimes. But guess what, I'm here to get ourselves through that."

Jeonghan made a quick move and threw his arms around Seungcheol's shoulders, pressing himself up against his boyfriend as if it was their last hug they shared. A little something he did all the time, making even the smallest touches count. "Stop making me emotional so early in the morning.."

"But you deserve to hear what I think about us! Baby..." Jeonghan's tummy made a flip upon hearing the cute little nickname 'baby'. "Oh shut up.." He whispered as he held onto him more tight. 

"I won't and you know that." Seungcheol answered, his voice still sounding raspy this early in the morning. "Shall we stay in bed all day again? Or is there anything you want to do today?" 

Jeonghan shook his head against Seungcheol's neck. "I prefer a lazy day again.. you know, the weather isn't that great anyways."  

If he had to be completely honest, Jeonghan would love to go out on a date again and grab a cup of coffee. Since going to the beach in the pouring rain wasn't really an option. But after the events that took place yesterday and that meeting with the mysterious girl named Yenna, in other words the ex-girlfriend he only heard about after the day before, he suddenly didn't felt like going anymore. 

Staying in bed with Seungcheol all day seemed perfectly fine for them too. How could he complain about doing nothing and cuddling up against the broad, warm and safe body of his boyfriend? 

"Can I ask you something?" Jeonghan leaned back and met the serious face of Seungcheol. "Yes of course." 

"If you don't want to go out because of what happened yesterday you can tell me, you know?" 

Jeonghan had to hold back the gasp that almost escaped his lips. Was Seungcheol some sort of sorcerer that had the ability to read his mind? It wasn't even the full reason why he didn't want to go out, although it might have been for the biggest part..

"Well, it maybe is.. just a little bit! You know how much I love to just stay in bed all day. And if you opened your ears this morning when you woke up you could have heard the pouring rain outside." 

"You really don't have to worry about yesterday anymore. I told Yenna to stay away from us and besides, she doesn't even live close to us by a little. She won't harm you Hannie." Jeonghan nodded, but dropped his head on Seungcheol's collarbone anyhow. "Thank you Cheol.. but I really want to stay at home today.." 

"I'm fine with that. Anything you like." Suddenly he shot up, making Jeonghan roll off his body carefully. "But at least let me treat you with breakfast in bed!"