Chapter 2

Joy arrived in California just in time to meet with some businessmen who wanted to get in touch with Seulgi so she would endorse some of their products. Joy just rolled her eyes at them knowing that Seulgi won't be down for any of that. Seulgi was a very specific person and only endorsed things she felt she would either use or be beneficial for the public. Being as big of a star as Seulgi was, she still gave back so much to different organizations or people in need.

Joy and Irene were meeting for dinner, and that gave Joy time to sit back and do research on the star. She and Yeri were in charge of damage control, of course the burden would fall on both of them. Seulgi likes calls them the "Super Couple." Much to Joy's relief, there was no damage done by Seulgi. She was proud of her, she stared listening to her. However, a news article caught Joy's attention immediately.

"MUSIC'S HOTTEST DJ/MUSIC PRODUCER TO COLLABORATE WITH JUSTIN BIEBER, DEMI LOVATO AND HALSEY!"

Aubrey was excited about the news. How could she not know this? She was Seulgi's lawyer! She was Seulgi's friend! She's a huge fan of the three! Seulgi immediately called Yeri to confirm the news.

"Baby, is it true? Is Seulgi collaborating with Justin, Demi and Halsey? Please tell me it is!" Joy could not hide her inner fan girl from bursting.

"Babe, yes It is. I didn't tell you immediately because Seul just agreed to it a few hours ago. She wanted to surprise because she knows you'd freak out and wanted to see your reaction." Yeri was laughing at the thought of Park Sooyoung, the cold lawyer in a fan girl state.

"Oh, I am so going to kill her when I get back!" Joy was laughing so hard she forgot that she's waiting on someone.

"Who you gonna kill Sooyoungie?" A pair of piercing bright blue eyes looked at Joy curiously while smirking back at her best friend.

"Baby I'll call you back. Love you." Joy suddenly ended the call with Yeri, and greeted Irene back with a firm hug.

"Hey Irene. It's so nice to see you again!"

"You always see me whenever you're in town silly." Irene laughed.

"Yes, but it's different this time around. No hearings, no conferences. Best friend time." Joy looked so excited for their bonding time with Irene.

"Is that so? No more hearings? Conferences? Wow, did the great Park Sooyoung quit being a lawyer?"

"Ha ha. You should be a comedian Rene. I have no hearings and conferences to attend to now because due to an annoying client who gets on my nerves despite being a good friend." Joy said with rolling her eyes.

"I have to meet this client of yours, Joy. Because of her we now have more time together!" Irene said smiling.

Joy couldn't believe Irene hasn't caught on yet. She knew that Irene was aware of all gossip and entertainment articles around, but how hasn't she caught on to her being Seulgi's lawyer? Despite of this, Joy smiled and said, "You know, Irene, no need to really meet her. Because you know her quite well."

Irene's eyes became comically wide. She knew of Seulgi's success, received Seulgi's messages and even accepted some of her gifts. "Seulgi? Seulgi's your client?"

"Yup. Yeri and I, together along with Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jennie." Joy replied.

Irene was happy for Seulgi, and the rest of her friends too. They were all in New York together watching over each other, while she was alone in California, still in Med School. But she'd be lying if she said she wasn't happy. The two were silent until Joy spoke up. "So, how's Med School treating you?"

After Irene caught Joy's up on everything that's been going on in her life and what she was currently working on in school, she informed Joy that she'd be able to visit NY soon. Irene updated Joy about everything, except for one thing. Bogum. Joy was listening to Irene's stories, until A man hugged Irene from behind. Joy noticed the man and she studied him, he was good looking, looked rich and was also a med student. Irene was put on the spot and had no choice but to introduce her boyfriend to her best friend.

"Joy, this is Bogum, my boyfriend. Gum, this is Sooyoung, my best friend." Irene smiled.

Bogum stuck his hand out and Joy quickly shook it. Sensing the awkwardness, Bogum quickly left Irene and told her that he'll see her in school.

After this, Joy's mood immediately shifted once meeting Bogum. Joy could not believe this. Irene had a boyfriend, while Seulgi has been heart broken in New York. Joy's protectiveness of Seulgi was coming out and her facial reactions showed that she was not happy.

"Joy. Are you okay?" Irene was worried.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be. SORRY, I just didn't realize you had a boyfriend."

"Sooyoung it's not a big thing, it's ok. We just got together 2 weeks ago." Irene's reply made Joy's protectiveness come fully out.

"What did you say? Two weeks ago? Irene? Are you out of your dam mind right now? You know that Seulgi's heartbroken in New York! You know she's been heart broken since that day! While you are being your happy bubbly self over here!" Joy stood up from her chair and slammed a fist into the table, causing everyone in the restaurant to look there way.

Irene caught off guard by this reaction "Joy. I'm sorry, okay? I couldn't help it. I was lonely. Bogum was here to keep me company and be there for me."

"You were lonely? That's what your going with? You had a choice, Joohyun! And this is what you chose! You should have stayed with Seulgi and with us. But what did you choose? This! To be had the option to go to Med School, but you did not have the option to cut Seulgi out your life. You did that Irene. You promised her, you wouldn't. You told her you'd never forget her. And what did you do? You broke it." Joy was fuming at this point.

Irene was crying hard, Joy's word hit Irene like a ton of bricks "Joy listen ok, I wanted to stay with Seulgi, with you guys but this is my dream. I'm doing it, just like Seulgi is living hers. I chose not to respond cause I knew it'd be difficult for her to let it go. To let us go and move on. I though by not responding it'd be easier. I didn't forget about the promises."

"That doesn't make it better Irene, if anything it made it worse. Now she thinks you've forgotten and broken everything. You broke her even more the before. You should of told her all that. Even if it was one letter or text."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry."