Chapter 24

One week later, NY

After the UK shows for the Beats tour, Seulgi was in her home studio going through all the songs she has written over the past two years. After talking to Yeri and Halsey she realized that putting some of theses songs out will do her some good. This was going to be her first time actually realizing songs of her singing. There were obviously videos of her out there singing from being in SMU and videos that Wendy has posted over the years. But this was going to be personal, she was letting people into her mindset and feelings after having her heartbroken. She had narrowed down a few choices, some old and some recent stuff. As recent as the initial flight to the London show when her and Halsey were working on the plane.

Speaking of songs, her two songs with Halsey that got released were absolutely killing the charts. Now or Never peaked at 3 and is still 3 on the charts, while Bad at Love is currently the number 1 song in the world and has been since they released it. To say everyone was ecstatic would be an understatement, it was Halsey's first number one and first time being in the top 5. While Seulgi now had five separate songs debut in the top this year, the song with Justin and the two for Demi. Being on the charts was nothing new for Seulgi, but she had never had this much success in a row. Her mixes, mashups and other songs she had produced had never done this good consistently.

Seulgi was never one for going after the awards or the records, she just wanted to make music that people could relate too and can put on when they were feeling a certain way to help them. She wanted to be as genuine and real as possible when it came to her craft, the awards and recognition was just a plus side to everything. At the moment she had two main songs she was looking to record, a song called "It Ain't Me" and "Back from the Dead" the first being an older one she when she first moved to NY and started trying to get over Irene. The second one was a recent one that she wrote on the plane ride to London after Irene showed up.

Deciding these two would be a good start she got to working on the beats and production for both. "It Ain't Me" was going to have a more upbeat feel with they lyrics having some serious lyrics, where "Back from the Dead" was going to start slow with a piano melody then transition to some drums to balance out the meaning behind the song. After about two hours and countless editing, Seulgi had finally finished and had recorded her first two songs shed be releasing. She figured it wouldn't hurt to have a few opinions so she face timed Halsey.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your call?" Halsey answered on the second ring beaming.

"Oh you know, just missing you and what not." Seulgi joked.

"Good to know that I'm missed. What's up?" Halsey asked.

"Just finished recording two songs and I wanted your opinion." Seulgi responded.

Halsey chuckled "You never do stop do you?"

"Never." Seulgi smirked.

"Alright show me." Halsey said.

"Alright so the first one is called "It Ain't Me" and I wanted to keep it a bit more upbeat due to the lyrics." Seulgi said as she played it for Halsey.

Halsey was listening intently and paying attention to the lyrics more then the beat itself. She knew Seulgi wanted to move past everything 100% so she can be with Wendy. Once the song finished she took a few moments to process everything.

"I like what you did with the mood. Create a song talking about moving on while finding out it's for the better of yourself but still keep it upbeat." Halsey commented.

"Pretty much yeah. Ok the second one is "Back from the Dead" I wrote it while we were working on the plane." Seulgi said and pressed play.

Halsey knew she was going to enjoy this one more, this was more like the Seulgi she was in the studio with. Being able to mix together all these different sounds to create an amazing beat. The lyrics were also a bit more serious and perfectly explained how she was feeling. She also realized something.