Chapter 9

Irene was currently watching Seulgi's interview with great interest while preparing food for Bogum and herself. Irene was moving stuff around on the counter when Jimmy brought up the photos, Irene snapped her head towards the TV to hear this.

"As close as can be. She's by my side through thick and thin since freshmen year at college. And over the last two years she pretty much became my anchor. Always keeping me grounded and motivated. I owe a lot of my career to her."

Hearing this response sent a wave of sadness through her body. She used to be that, she used to be the one Seulgi went to in times of need. Then came the question about the inspiration behind her writing. The break, she's about to talk about the break. Irene had now turn all attention and focus to the TV.

"See in my junior year of college, two years ago I went through a breakup that wrecked me. I mean I lost the will for music and even the activities I was in; I was a mess dude. I don't think I left my bed for a whole week, luckily I had Wendy by my side to help me back on my feet."

Irene has idea what to think, she knew that she was hurting Beca by breaking up with her, but she had idea it'd be that bad. To lose her will to make music? The one thing she can't live with? And Wendy, of course Wendy was there by her side. The one person that Seulgi would always let loose around, the one person that could get Seulgi to do anything. Irene was always a little jealous of there friendship but did a good job to hide it.

Then there was Yeri, her best friend's girlfriend and someone that became a little sister for Seulgi. Ever since the breakup Yeri and Wendy we're cold and distant towards Irene, Irene isn't stupid she understands why. But that doesn't mean it doesn't bother her, especially when her and Joy hang out and Yeri is there.

Just then she was snapped out of though when Jimmy asked "if she had spoken to this person." When Seulgi said "nope because it's better that way. I don't know what I'd do or say." That stung. She really hurt Seulgi to point where she doesn't even want to see or talk. That broke Irene's spirit even more, it was like she was regretting leaving more with each day. Once the interview was over it wasn't a shock that Seulgi was trending. She had just done her first interview, looked drop dead gorgeous and opened up.

Irene thought to check to see if anyone would say anything about "the breakup" but to her surprise no one was. Instead they were talking about "#Wenseul" 'What the hell is a Wenseul?' Irene thought. Clicking on the hashtag she was shocked. A ship? There shipping them now? Irene was a bit shocked to find out that Seulgi and Wendy were being linked. Seeing this made Irene's inside churn. Hearing and seeing Seulgi's name being paired with someone else, made Irene feel uneasy. The jealousy and regret spiked up a bit.

Irene was still denying that she's bothered about the fact that Seulgi's opening to love again. Irene wanted to stop herself from clicking on the tag, but she just can't. As soon as she clicked on it, Irene's eyes scrunched due to what she is currently seeing. Seulgi and Wendy fans were posting pictures of the looking extra cozy with one another with captions saying how cute they would be or couple goals. Fans were even going as far as making custom photos including the two.

"Zoned out?" Bogum's voice surprised Irene. She was so caught up in the tag she didn't realize her boyfriend walked in.

"Sorry babe. I was just checking something out." Irene put her phone down and Bogum caught what she was looking at.

"Oh yeah. Can't blame you, those two are what anyone everyone is talking about now. Gotta say they'd make an amazing couple." Bogum said.

"Huh, really? I just found out." Irene tried to play it off.

"But I thought you saw the interviews?" Bogum asked.

"No I did, but I wasn't really focused on it. I was to busy prepping for date night." Irene beamed and placed a kiss on Bogum's cheeks. She had to remember what is important, that right now is that they got to grow, not together, but separately. Even though she wished she can redo it all.

"I just hope Joy can really set up that reunion. It'd be amazing to meet the both of them." Bogum said hugging Irene.

"Hun, Seulgi is a producer-songwriter-artist, a very popular one at that. And Wendy is insanely requested for all types of modeling gigs." Irene remarked.

"Who knows Irene, why don't you and Joy just plan something? I'm sure she can get Seulgi to clear time."

"Joy is also busy handling Seulgi and her other clients." Irene said as Bogum went to the couch.

Irene truly did miss everyone from SMU. She's talked to them from time to time, but mainly Joy was her means of connection. She had a feeling that everyone knew what had gone down, but to what degree is something she didn't know. Joy didn't even know just how much Seulgi told everyone.

Irene and Bogum's dinner date when smoothly. They talked about future hang outs with friends and about what they had coming up in Med school. Their date night was just casual; they would see each other the next day in school anyway.

.......

Irene didn't get much sleep that night, her thoughts were running rampant. All about Seulgi, everything that was said in the interview and her feelings that she'd kept buried. The fact that Seulgi is ready to move on with someone else was really bothering her, it was selfish but Irene didn't want Seulgi to move on from her. She had hope Seulgi wouldn't be in a relationship anytime soon.

The next day at lunch Seulgi was with her friends, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Yoona. When Irene sat down the three of them were locked into there phone laughing and talking about something. Irene was a bit confused since she always knew what was going on.

"What's up guys?" Irene asked them while she texted Bogum where she was at.

"Nothing, we were just talking about how insanely hot Wendy is. And Seulgi I mean wow, I don't know why covers all that up with hoodies." Yoona explained while Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded.

"What has gotten into people? Why is this such a big deal." Irene said agitated with this topic.

"Because it's Wendy and Seulgi- Wenseul! Seuldy! They would look amazing together. Can you imagine the genes those kids would have? Talk about blessed babies." Taeyeon stated.

Rolling her eyes "Guys their celebrities, they don't know we exist. Can we just eat." Irene said while opening up her lunch.

The rest of lunch went smoothly with no more mention of Seulgi or Wendy. They were all packing up when Tiffany let out a shriek that caught everyone's attention in the vicinity.

"Girls Wendy posted a picture in Instagram of her and Seulgi! Look how cute, she even captioned it '#Wenseulforthewin. Name a hotter duo'" she then shoved her phone at there faces.

Rolling her eyes once more Irene asked "Why are you all so invested in this any ways?"

"Because it's the hottest topic. Beats anything else going on around here." Yoona shrugged.

"Yeah I mean you heard what she said on the interview. You can't blame for the world for wanting Seulgi to find love again. She deserves it, her and Wendy would be cute and perfect. You hear the way she talks about Wendy. Plus, her music is really good but if you listen intently, there's this darkness to it." Taeyeon said.

"I wonder though who could have hurt her to that extent. I mean to cause her to lose her will for music. You gotta really destroy someone for that to happen." Tiffany added.

Hearing this Irene's whole body tensed up and she became quiet.

"I don't know Tiff; I mean they messed up royally. I mean even I'd switch teams for her. I'd promise to always love and cherish her. She's hot and talented. Major turn on." Yoona said.

"You'd promise that?" Taeyeon asked.

"Well if wasn't straight yeah, but I'm not. I'll leave that to Wendy." Yoona answered.

"Promise is a big word" Tiffany chuckled.

Irene meanwhile during this whole interaction stayed quiet. Irene never told anyone about her and Seulgi at med school. She just wanted to leave it in the past but it's like the world is always shoving it in her face. Everywhere she turned she was reminded of what once was, her and Seulgi living together and loving each other. She just went along with her daily activities.