~chapter ten~

To say Aura was shocked was an understatement. The short time period that she had known Mason, Aura had not even once heard the gray eyed boy sound so angry. No, she had never heard Mason even that serious before.

And all of that anger just because he had seen her in a tight position with Amber. Suddenly Aura felt something warm in her chest. It was strange and unfamiliar, but at the same time comforting. What was this?

Aura got brought back to reality by someone's hand gently landing on her shoulder, and when she looked up she saw Mason looking at her with concern in those beautiful eyes of his.

"Aura?" Mason spoke after Aura had just started at him not saying anything, but all Aura got out was just a little "hmm?"

Mason frowned just a little before speaking again. "I've been calling your name for five times now. Are you alright?" He slowly took his hand away from Aura's shoulder after he saw he finally had the girls attention.

"Oh I'm sorry. Yes I'm fine. I was just in deep thought." While it wasn't a lie, it wasn't the whole truth either. The words Amber had spoken really did get to her no matter how hard she tried to ignore them.
Besides the homeschooling Aura had actually been able to feel normal dispite her condition with schizophrenia and her parents death. But now all of that was brought back to her, as a reminder that she just wasn't like everyone else.
She felt extremely bad at that moment, but Aura wouldn't satisfy Amber with the kind of reaction she wanted.

Aura felt Mason's hand suddenly take her's and when she looked up at him, he closed his eyes and let out a small breath. When he opened his eyes he turned around and started walking with Aura's hand still in his own.
"Come on, let's go." He said gently.

Aura was a bit stunned at first, and when Mason started walking she stumbled a little but quickly composing herself again.
"Wait, Mason. Wha- Where are we going?" She asked in confusion still not understanding why he was suddenly dragging her out of the gym.

"Somewhere less crowded."
Mason answered simply.

And at first Aura was about to protest, but when she took a quick look around, she noticed a lot of the students were looking at them. Suppose they did cause a bit of a scene.
Aura just nodded a little even though she knew Mason couldn't see it, before she focused on Mason's hand that was still holding her own. She blushed a little.
His hold was firm and Aura could tell he was till a bit mad. But it wasn't enough to hurt her, if anything it was kind of comforting. And although Mason's voice was strict when Aura had questioned him before, she could tell he was trying to keep it steady and composed.
Amber had left with a scoff earlier after Mason's threat, so now people were looking at them.

Aura didn't even realize they had arrived in an empty classroom untill Mason let go of her hand and stood facing her, still a little frown on his face but Aura could tell he was concerned.

There was silence for a minute untill Mason spoke.
"You know I heard what she said to her."

Aura cursed to herself. She had hoped Mason hadn't heard any of it.
"Oh yeah. Amber has always been like that. I'm sorry you had to see that."
She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly and grinned a little.

"No Aura. Don't apologize."
Mason said a bit more stearnly.
"There's nothing to apologize for. If anything, I'm sorry you had to bee in a situation like that."
Mason's face softened about before he continued.
"No one should ever have to hear something that awful."

Finding her Wolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें