~chapter twelve~

Ah yes. A perfect night filled with love, dreams, freedom of being young, and opportunities.
What could possibly go wrong?

Suppose that's exactly how Aura was feeling at the moment. Dancing with Mason at the school dance, to a soft slow music.

All it took was that damed feeling Aura knew all too well. This time it hit her hard like a truck, with no warning what so ever.
It made her stop dancing and everything else she was doing. The pain in her head.

This time she didn't even need Max there with her to confirm it, she just knew that this wasn't an ordinary headache.
And that scared her.

She quickly let go of Mason who was now looking at her with questioning eyes that held concern in them.
When their eyes met Aura quickly blurted out.
"I need to go. im really sorry."
Aura didn't stay to wait for an answer. She ran out of the self made ballroom as fast as she could.
She could hear Mason try to call out to her but she didn't care, she had to get out. She couldn't ruin everyone else's night just because some stupid episode.

She ran until she had reached the infirmary that was now empty,
of course.
She made it onto one of the beds just in time before the headache got too painful to bare. She took her head in between her hands and started letting out muffled pained cries in to the pillow.

Meanwhile in the ballroom Mason was left confused and concerned by Aura.
There had been pure pain that showed across the girls face. Mason had his suspicions about what had happened, but he couldn't be sure.
He had seen Aura have an episode the first time they met, bur he needed a confirmation.

He quickly scanned the ballroom until he spotted Alan and Matt, and started to make his way to them.
"Alan."
He said seriously but no doubt his eyes and expression still held concern. And although he felt like panicking, he held it in.

Alan saw that something was wrong. And a quick look around the room confirmed it. His face fell dead serious and so was his tine of voice when he spoke
"Where is Aura?"
All it took was a pointed look from Mason before all the three boys hurried out of the room.

They were roaming the halls looking for aura in every classroom they crossed.
"Wait guys, I'll try calling her. I doubt she'll pick up but it's all we can go by right now."
Alan said in almost a panicking matter.

Matt saw this and took Alan's hand squeezing it.
"Don't worry Al. We'll find her."
He reassured his mate. He could feel Alan's pain through the mate bond, and he understood how he felt.

Alan nodded in response before taking out his phone.
"Come on Aura. Pick up"
Alan nearly begged with the phone lifted up to his ear.

To everyone's surprise all it took were three beeps before a faint voice could be heard on the other end of the line.
"Alan?"

"Aura! Where are you right now sugar cube?"
Alan quickly asked.

"I'm in the infirmary on the second floor. Please come get me it hurts so bad!"
Aura nothing but pleaded on the other end, the physical pain evident in her voice.

"Don't worry im on my way."
Alan said all while already walking to the stairs that lead to the second floor.

When they made it inside the infirmary they were met with Aura who was hugging a pillow on one of the beds for dear life, whimpering in discomfort and the mattress a bit wet for she had been sweating.