~chapter twenty six~

It was the third day of school. Aura's classes had just ended for the day, and she was walking to a local library that also served as a bookstore, as well as a Cafe.

She had done research on the places in the area that she could get a job from. She knew that she would have to get a job sooner or later. So she chose to get on as soon as possible to get it over and done with.

The library had looked like a safe bet. The place was divided in three areas. A place where all the books were held, a place where people could borrow and purchase books of their liking.
A reading room that was meant for reading only, and had sound proof walls attached so people could read in peace.
And lastly the cafe. It was average but very cozy. It sold all kind of pastries and different caffeine drinks, along with various flavored teas for people who didn't like coffee.
The Cafe could also be used as a reading space, but a lot of people chose to study there as well.

Aura had an interview for that day, with the person who ran the place. It was at 3pm and it was currently 2:55pm.
She was standing outside and had stopped to take a breath before going inside. It was, after all her first ever interview, since she hadn't had any need to get a job before that moment. And to say she was nervous, was more than accurate.

After a minute and no more, she opened the door and walked inside with sweaty hand, and a breathing she was trying to keep balanced and calm.
So far she was doing an alright job.

She walked to the reception and made eye contact with the man behind the table, who smiled at her in a welcoming matter.
When she got close enough to a hearing range, the man spoke first which she was grateful for. Maybe he could see how she was nervously playing with her shirts sleeves.

"Hello. Can I help you somehow?"
The man, or now that she saw him closer, he couldn't be much older then her.

"Yes actually. I'm here for a job interview?"
She explained, but ended up forming the sentence more so as a question.

"Oh you must be Aura then am I right? Welcome to Ben's book."
The guy said his smile not once fading.
"My name's Oliver by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."
Aura simply answered and shook Oliver's hand, that the guy had reached over the counter.
Despite her short answer, Oliver seemed satisfied as he shook her hand.

Aura expected Oliver to give her instructions or just to say something. But when after a whole minute of silence, they were just starting at each other Aura hesitantly spoke.

"So~?"
Aura said slowly stretching the 'o'. But tried to keep her voice steady not wanting to come off as rude.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Of course, the interview."
Oliver said and for the first time since she had started to talk to him, Oliver's smile seemed to fade a bit.

"No no it's quite alright. We all space out sometimes don't we. No need to apologize."
She quickly started to reassure him. Which seemed to work by the looks of it, as he gave Aura a warm and thankful  smile.

"Thank you. But I'll show you to Ben's office now. He must already be waiting for you."
Oliver walked around the counter and Aura just gave him a small nod and a smile before following him to where she assumed was Ben's office.

They arrived in front of a door in the back of the shop that had 'office' written on it.
Oliver knocked on the door and a what sounded like a voice that would belong to a man who was passed middle aged answered.
"Come in."