6. Feels Like Summer

As soon as my eyes open, I remember I'm staying in a gorgeous beach house with all my best friends. It felt like a dream. Better than a dream. I didn't want to leave this giant, comfy bed but Liam's snores were getting to be unbearable so I swing my legs out and stand up. I smile as I walk over the window that leads out to a balcony. I was able to hear the ocean clearly all night long. It looked like it was going to be a nice day to go for a swim.

As I walk down the stairs, I could smell coffee in the air. Bella and Zoey were the only ones in the kitchen. They were laughing and dancing along to music as they whipped up breakfast.

"Morning Lace!" Bella chirps as soon as I walk in.

"Morning," I say back with a slightly raspy voice, still a bit sleepy. I walk over to grab a mug and serve myself a cup of coffee. I don't feel like I haven't fully recovered after the long day we had yesterday. "What are you guys making?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, and smoothies," Zoey responds.

"Holy shit." I immediately widen my eyes and my stomach begins to growl. "I'm awake now."

I help them out by cooking the bacon and rinsing and cutting up the fruit for the drinks. A couple minutes later, Niall walks in.

"Mornin' ladies," he smiles. We all greet him as he sits on one of the stools. His dirty blonde hair is still messy and his eyes look tired.

"How'd you sleep?" Zoey asks.

"Apart from Louis' bear snores, like a baby."

"Isn't it amazing waking up to the sound of the ocean?" Bella says as she flips a pancake. We all nod in agreement. It was truly one of the best things we are able to experience every day for the next month or so.

"Coffee?" I ask Niall.

"Please." He politely smiles. I grab a mug for him and pour the hot coffee in it.

"How do you take it?"

"Black."

"I respect that." I smile as I hand it to him.

"Lace, can you brew some more?" Bella asks me. "When G wakes up, she's going to drink, like, 3 cups."

"Will she really?" Niall asks with slightly widen eyes.

"She's not really a morning person," Zoey says.

"She's like a completely different," I add.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mess with her before noon," Bella says with a chuckle.

"I assume you three are morning people since you're up."

"I am," Zoey says.

"I can be but sometimes I cannot get up for the life of me," Bella says.

"Liam's snoring kept me waking me up," I say, "otherwise I'd be sleeping right now." I jump back once a dot of hot oil jumped onto my arm. I wince and slightly lower the heat level, not wanting to burn my skin off.

"Are you two together?" Niall asks me with a small smile in his face.

"Me and Liam? Hell no," I answer, scrunching my nose at the thought. "He's like my brother."

"Sorry." He raises his hands in defense. "My mistake."

I wave him off, not being offended or needed an apology from him over it. I walked around to sit on the chair next to him.

"Why did you think that?" I ask, genuinely curious about how he thought Liam and I were together.

"You were playing around last night and were touchy." He shrugs. "I'm sorry I assumed-"