51. Summer Bummer

I groan in frustration and fling my sweater to the floor. I've now folded it five times in a row but it wasn't looking the way I wanted it to look. I've been tidying up the closet for the last hour and I am close to losing my mind in here.

All of a sudden, I feel too hot in this small space. I peel off my hoodie and throw it next to the sweater. I aggressively put on a random shirt and let out a loud breath. I wanted to clean because I needed to distract myself from my thoughts and clear my mind but it seems to be making me feel worse.

I gather a pile of random shirts and decide to stuff them into a drawer, not caring if they were neatly folded or not. It was getting late and I should be getting ready for bed.

I open a drawer and shove some clothes to the side to make room. Something catches my attention. I drop the shirts and slowly pull it out of the drawer. It was the shirt I bought at the store that reminded me of Harry. It still has a tag and has been snugly tucked away since the day I bought it.

I haven't talked with Harry since the party. It's only been a few days but it feels like it's been a month. I'm so used to talking to him, hanging out with him, and just being near him in general but it's been pretty not normal lately between us.

I planned on avoiding him after the party, not up to seeing him because I was hurt and angry from what was said during our fight. Turns out that it was easier than expected because he ended up avoiding me more than I avoided him.

For example, I was in the kitchen by myself the day after the party. I hadn't left my bed until the afternoon due to my hangover and bad mood. I was getting something to eat when he walked in and saw me. We awkwardly stared at each for a second before he played it off and turned the other way.

I accidentally ran into him last night when he got out of the bathroom downstairs that I was heading towards. I still remember the look on his face when he saw me. He was surprised to see me so unexpectedly and so was I. Neither of us moved for a few seconds. It was like both of us wanted to say something. Anything. But we didn't. We just went our separate ways.

I wish I can know what's he's thinking. I wish I can just go up to him and air it all out. It'd make me feel a lot better because I know both of us have a lot to address. I find myself still wondering what exactly happened at Luke's party and getting hurt all over again.

The door opens. Bella walks in, greeting me with a smile before walking to her nightstand. I quickly put away the shirt, not knowing why I acted like I had to hide it because there was no way Bella would tie this with Harry.

"Lace, I think your shirt is on backwards." Bella softy chuckles.

I look down and see that it is on backwards but I don't care. I force a small chuckle and open another drawer to stuff more shirts that were lying on top of the dresser into it.

"Are you okay?"

I glance at her. "Yeah."

"Yeah? Seems like something's on your mind."

"How?"

"You just put a dirty towel into that drawer."

I open the drawer back up and see a wrinkled white towel snugly sitting inside the compartment. I could have sworn it was a pile of shirts or just a huge t-shirt.

"Oh," I quietly sigh to myself and pull it out to put it into the hamper.

"Do you wanna talk about something?"

"Um." I pause and turn to her. "I do."

"Okay." She sends me a smile before standing up. "Give me a sec. I'm gonna get my food, I left it in the microwave."