35. Funfair

It was the perfect night to be at the fair. The air was just right, only the slightest breeze would pass through your hair every once in a while. The harmonious smell of sweet cotton candy and buttery popcorn was around every corner. The loud laughter of children blended with pop music from the speakers and filled the space of the wide booths. Bright, pretty lights and colors sparkled from around the entire area. The sound of metal colliding and shaking was heard from afar as the different rides went around and around with happy screams from passengers.

There was plenty of different rides and attractions to choose from: a small rollercoaster, a Ferris wheel, bumper cars, the carousel, zero gravity cage, and a funhouse. There was also plenty of different booths with games and food available to everyone of any age.

It was all promising to be a fun and exciting night.

We walk down the brightly colored pier, looking out to all the different attractions. It was pretty packed, the fair only opening just an hour ago. We wanted to go on the rides first before scoping out the food options then heading off to the games.

The first ride was, of course, the rollercoaster. It was suitable for small children so we all went on it with no problem or worry. We laughed and exclaimed the whole time in our cart of two people. Gigi was next to me the first time we were on it. We said we'd go on it again when the line got shorter later on in the night.

The next stop was the bumper cars. Since we were such a big group, we took up most of the cars, basically playing against ourselves instead of just with a whole bunch of strangers. It was a solo ride. We each ruthlessly bumped our cars into each other, laughing and cheering victoriously when we did. I don't fail to notice the first real smile and loud laugh I've seen from Harry in the past few days when he sneaked up to Niall across from me and made Niall's head fling forward with a great force.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel next!" Gigi exclaims when we go down the ramp and away from the bumper cars, making my stomach drop a little.

"Let's go to the zero-gravity ride first," Liam says, "it's right there."

"I'm not going on that fucking thing," Maggie says with a slight shiver as we walk towards the big circular ride that quickly spins in circles, hearing the sound of screams coming from the riders.

"Me neither," I say, feeling my palms seat just from looking at it.

We ended up splitting into two groups: those who were brave enough to go on that crazy ride and those who weren't down and would go up to one of the game booths instead. Liam, Gigi, Zayn, Louis, Adam, and Sierra all go on the ride while the rest of us head over to the section where every booth had a different game where you could win huge stuffed animals and small toys.

Bella and I head to the bathroom as the rest of the group ventures out and I'm almost about to burst from wanting to tell her about Niall. I have to play it cool so I don't ruin it for him.

"Niall looks cute tonight," I casually say as we're both looking in our reflections of the mirror.

She looks at me weirdly for a second before acting cool again. "Yeah, I guess so."

I drop my hands to my side and look at her. "Bella, do you like him or not?"

"Lace!" She says in a loud whisper, looking around as if Niall is magically in this bathroom.

I chuckle. "Do you?"

She's never explicitly stated it before so I just wanted her to finally say it.

"Maybe.."

I bounce on my toes, grinning at her growing shy and nervous, a blush creeping on her cheeks. "I knew it!"