24. Blue World

I thought last night was just a dream. Or more like a nightmare. I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to talk with anyone, especially Harry. I thought laying in bed alone and shutting myself from the world was a much better idea.

I can hear the loud chatter going on downstairs. I've been up for a while just listening Liam's excited yelling and the girls' loud laughter. I could smell the breakfast they were eating. Everyone was clearly enthusiastic about tonight.

I was close to leaving the room and going down to join everyone and act like everything was peachy. But I stayed still, not even bothering to move when I felt the pang in my bladder, urging me to go to the bathroom.

I was confused and disappointed with how last night went. How hot and cold it was in less than 15 minutes. The fact that it took such a toll on me let's me know that everything I felt was real. I can't say the same for Harry because I didn't know if he felt that same as I did this entire time. What he said by the pool last night had me re-thinking almost everything. Maybe it was always supposed to be this way.

My ears perk up at the sound of the creak of the bedroom door. My back was faced to it so I had no idea who entered the room just now. A part of me really hoped it was Harry.

"Lacey?" It was a soft voice. My head turns towards it. I can see Bella's figure from the small amount of light the door brought in. "Finally you're up!" She grins at me and walks towards the windows. "I was beginning to worry."

My eyes squint at the sudden bright light she let in after opening the curtains up. I rub my tired eyes, my muscles feeling heavy against the bed. I was still in my bathing suit, not bothering to change out of it last night even though it only brought awful memories to my head.

"Love the suit," his deep voice echoes in my brain as his hands teasingly rub against my sides, "fits like a glove on you, darlin'."

"How late were you up last night?" Bella asks, wiggling her eyebrows at me as she sits on the edge of the bed.

"Not that late," I croak out. Her head tilts at me, like she just noticed how down I was. She moves her hand and feels my forehead.

"Are you okay?" She moves it onto my cheek. I wanted to laugh at her touching me to see if I had a fever or something but I couldn't force it out of me. I simply nod my head.

I move around and lay on my back to bring the covers all the way up to my neck. My bladder was really pressing on me now. I felt like I could burst any second.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I glance at her before sitting up slowly. "I think so."

Not exactly a lie, just not the whole truth.

"You slept through breakfast," she tells me, "Liam made French toast."

She knows how much I love French toast but right now, I couldn't even pretend to be excited.

"Cool," I mumble, rubbing my face again, hoping that this was all just a weird dream.

"Lacey, I'm literally getting worried now."

It broke my heart to be so quiet with her and not be able to even look at her right now. But I knew if I did, I would burst into tears.

"I really have to pee," I say, standing up and making my way to the bathroom, instant relief when I'm alone.

When I get out of the bathroom, Bella had made the bed already and had a plate with a stack of French toast. The room smelled like cinnamon and warm syrup.

"Thanks," I tell her, my voice louder than before, "but I'm not really hungry."

She narrows her eyes at me, zeroing on the bathing suit I haven't bothered to change out of and glances at the door that was now shut.