62. Happy & Sad

I shift awkwardly in my seat for the third time tonight, glancing at my wine glass that's already empty and glance around the table for the bottle.

My mom's monthly dinner with Margot, Harry and Gigi's mom, quickly turned into a whole dinner at their house with all of us including Richard, Cameron and the boys.

Margot and Richard were more than willing to help my mother find the best venue for her and wanted to invite us over for dinner to talk about it. Safe to say that this was the most unexpected group of people at dinner.

I could barely look at Margot in the eye when I greeted her. I was so worried that she hated me because I'm pretty sure she knows about Harry and me and that I'm the reason why there's a giant wedge driven in between her children.

I mean, Gigi hit Harry with flowers because of me and their mom probably witnessed it. Even if she did hate me, I couldn't tell. She was just as welcoming and nice as always.

Gigi ended up not joining us. She had plans tonight and since this elaborate dinner was only decided yesterday, she didn't have to come. Zayn wasn't here either so I'm assuming they're out together.

I'm just glad the rest of the guys are here to neutralize the room and lighten the tension.

"I found the perfect venue for you guys," Richard announces after we start digging into the food.

"Really?" Cameron asks with an excited smile, grabbing onto my mom's hand under the table. "At this point, anything is perfect for us."

"No, your wedding should absolutely exceed your standards," Margot says, "and I think this one most certainly does."

"Well, let's hear it," my mom says with a grin.

"How does a backyard wedding sound?" Richard asks.

"That's our backup plan if we couldn't find the right venue." My mom chuckles.

"Well, how does a backyard wedding in Spain sound?"

My mom nearly spits out her wine, covering her mouth as she coughs while Cameron pats her back. All three of us look at Richard and Margot with wide eyes.

"Come again?" I say while my mom and Cam look like they're about to faint. "You said a backyard wedding in where?"

"Spain." Margot grins, her perfectly white teeth standing out amongst her red lipstick.

"Spain? That's-that's the country in-in—"

"Europe." Richard finishes Cameron's sentence and laughs. "How about it?"

"If I propose to the next girl I see, can I also go to Spain?" Louis asks then looks at me. "Would you be okay with that? C'mon, it's Spain we're talking about."

"Louis, shove it," Harry grits while I laugh.

"I-I don't know what to say," my mom finally says, her hand laying flat on her chest. "Would that even possible? Like in this universe?"

"I've got a property down there located in my hometown," Richard explains, "It's the perfect little place, right in front of the ocean and secluded from the city. I'd love for it to be of use for you two."

"In Spain?" Cameron's eyebrows are raised near their blonde hairline.

"Spain?!" My jaw remains dropped.

"Yes." He chuckles. "I understand that it's quite not what you were expecting and it changes everything you've already planned. But my wife and I talked about it and we're prepared to pay for it."