63. VEGAS (Part 1)

I hear a loud honk I've never heard before in my neighborhood. I go to the windows and see the big black car parked in front of my driveway. Liam peeks his head through the sunroof.

"Wakey wakey, Lacey!" He yells out with the biggest grin. "Vegas called and she wants us there ASAP!"

I laugh and rush to my front door where I left all my bags. My mother meets me as I'm gathering my things.

"Was that Liam?" She asks me with a laugh. "He's going to wake up the whole neighborhood."

"Yeah." I chuckle as I throw my backpack over my shoulders.

"Got everything?"

"Think so." I mentally check a list off before looking up at her and smiling when we go in for a hug.

"Be safe, please." She squeezes me tighter. "Call me when you get there."

"I will." I smell her perfume for the last time before I pull away.

"Get back to me in one piece." She brushes my hair back behind one ear. "And remember the number of pictures you're going to be in at the wedding so don't go too crazy."

"Okay." I giggle for a few seconds before I immediately stop as I recall last night and the reason why my cheek was more puffy and red than usual when I woke up this morning.

"Hello Jane," Liam calls out, still sticking his head out the sunroof. "Beautiful morning, isn't it?"

"You better take care of my baby, Liam." My mother points her index finger at him. "I mean it."

"Lacey!" The boys all sing at the same time as soon as Harry opens the door to the backseat.

"Hi guys," I grin and go to the trunk with my mom to put my things away.

"Morning Ms Winters," Harry greets my mom with a polite smile and looks at me. "Morning Lacey."

"Good morning, Harry." My mother tells him before correcting him to call her by her first name.

"I can get that for you, Jane." Harry takes the suitcase from my mom and opens the trunk.

Seeing them interact like this is still tripping me out.

"Is that everything?" My mom asks when Harry closes the trunk door.

"That's everything," I say and give her one last hug. "I'll see you soon."

"In Spain!" She chuckles and kisses my cheek (the good one), still in disbelief that the wedding is going to be there.

She hugs Harry goodbye, catching Harry and I off guard a little bit, both of us giving each other raised eyebrows.

"Take care of my Lacey," I hear her say to him along with another thing I couldn't catch that made his eyes widen for a second.

"Got it." He softly chuckles as they pull away.

"Have fun, guys," my mother calls out as Harry and I get in the car. I settle into the middle of the backseat with Harry and Niall next to me. "And please be safe!"

"We will, Jane!" Liam calls out as we all say our goodbyes. "We'll miss you, love you!"

"How the hell are you, mate?" Louis asks me after we pull away from my house and start our road trip. "Haven't seen you in about 12 hours. What's up?"

"Doing well, thanks." I chuckle. "Um, nothing much, I guess."

"Are we ready to rock and roll?" Liam exclaims as he turns into a gas station near my house. "Well, almost ready."