16. Romantic Getaway

My dream had involved a certain boy with curly hair and a bright smile. My unconscious mind didn't know right from wrong. I turn to lay on my back. I was awake but I hadn't opened my eyes yet. I can hear the faint sound of the waves crashing and the seagulls squawking. I was happily growing accustomed waking up to that sound.

I could suddenly feel something hot and heavy on top of my stomach. My eyes widen wide as soon as I see Harry's arm had found a comfortable place on me. My eyes trail up on his arm and to his blank face. He was laying on his stomach, his head turned towards me. Soft snores emit from him as his back gently moves up and down with his breath. I stay still, not exactly how to go about this situation. I don't know if I can get away from underneath without waking him up.

But this was so comfortable. I didn't mind this at all..

I grew annoyed at myself. I shouldn't be thinking or feeling like this. I felt guilty just laying here even though we accidentally ended up like this. I also felt guilty that I agreed to go out to dinner with him. What am I doing?

I laid here for a good 5 minutes before I hear Harry loudly inhaling then moving onto his side, his hand curled up on my side and pulled me towards him as if he was stretching. My breath was taken away when I ended up pressing against him, his arm loosely wrapped around me. His eyes open and he looks at me with confusion before looking down and seeing his arm. He realizes what he's done.

"Oh, erm," his gravely voice echoes around the room, "sorry. I didn't realize I—" He cuts himself off as he pulls his arm back to his side and clears his throat.

None of us spoke for the short bit that we were face to face. I guess we were both shocked at this new position we were in so early in the morning. I don't know why exactly but we both start grinning and then laughing, not being able to hold ourselves back. Our small movements were big enough for our skin to graze lightly enough against each other.

"Good morning," he says with a soft chuckles.

"Good morning," I say above a whisper.

He turns his upper body flat on his back and yawns loudly as he rubs his eyes. I let out a quiet sigh as I pull away from him and gently sit up, moving the blanket away from me.

"It's 10:30 in the goddamn morning," he grumbles then rubs his eyes again.

"I thought you were a morning person," I say, thinking back to all the times he was awake before me.

"I am," he says as he sits up, "I'm just still so fucking exhausted.

I chuckle as he flops back onto the bed with his face down on the covers, exposing his bare back to me. I was tempted to stay here a bit longer but I force my legs to swing over the edge of the bed and head to the bathroom.

As I brushed my teeth, I thought if I should just tell Gigi about my small (okay, huge) crush on Harry. We're best friends, we tell each other everything. I'm also old enough to make my own decisions and do what I like. Besides, it's not like Harry and I were getting married. Gigi and him aren't close enough for her to want to intervene with his life like that and possibly make things worse between them. She always said she doesn't really know the current version of him. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

I came to the conclusion that I should tell her soon. I know Harry barely asked me on a date last night and I was only crushing on him but I wanted to be honest and straightforward with her. I didn't want any reason for her to think I was disrespecting or violating her trust. I cared about her and her feelings.

I take a deep breath before walking out of the bathroom with a goofy grin on my face. I stop in my tracks when I see Harry fell back to sleep in the same position he was in when I went in the bathroom. I softly chuckle at him before silently leaving the room.