9. Bloodline

We end up having to take two cars to the restaurant since we all 13 of us couldn't fit in one. Harry offered to drive 6 people to the restaurant since their car could fit that many. In effort to avoid being in the same car with him since I was still mad at him and a little intimidated by him, I also offered to drive the remaining half that included Bella, Adam, Zoey, Niall, Liam.

I'll admit- I'm being kind of petty and unreasonable for the amount of anger I had towards him because of what he said to me. But at this point, I didn't really care. First, he accidentally hits me with a ball and acts all caring and sweet then he's an ass and rude to me? I'll fucking pass. Plus, I was starving. I knew once I had food in me, I wouldn't be as mad.

Bella was sitting in the passenger's seat as I followed the directions on my phone. She kept throwing cautious glances at me as our four friends behind us were having a very passionate and heated discussion about what was the best type of paste noodle.

"What?" I finally say to Bella after her fifth glance.

"Are you okay?" She asks quietly. "You look like you want to run over someone."

That gets a chuckle out of me. "I'm fine."

"Really?" She pauses. "It's not because of earlier, right? What we were saying about you and.. because we were just teasing you about it."

I quickly shake my head and glance at her. "No.. I don't know. I'm in a weird mood. I'm hungry, I'm tired even after taking a nap, and I hurt my bruise more."

"How?" She gasps.

"A really powerful sneeze," I admit. "It made me bend so hard, I felt like I could've broken in half."

"Oh, no." She stifles a laugh. "That's awful." Her trying not to laugh at me is making me laugh. I crack a smile as I look at the road ahead.

"Go on, you can laugh."

She finally breaks free and laughs loudly. I soon join her but quickly seize when it hurts. I glance at my phone to see how much longer it was going to be until we reach the restaurant. Only about 14 minutes more. I could cry from how much I was starving.

"You guys," Zoey says to us, "Don't you agree that the fettuccine noodle is the best noodle?"

"What's your defense?" I ask, mostly serious.

"It's thicker than your traditional noodle and it's able to hold onto sauce better because there's so much to grab on to."

"We're talking about fucking noodles, I don't know why I'm getting turned on," Liam groans.

I laugh at him and then scrunch my face. "Liam! Ew."

"TMI, Liam," Bella says with a disgusted face.

I hear Niall's laugh behind me and decide it's the most infectious laugh I've ever heard. He does, like, a series of cute chortles in a row. The funny thing about it is that you can still hear his Irish accent in between.

"I believe the best noodle is those little bow-ties shits," Adam says, "The farfulles."

"Defend it," Bella demands.

"It's simple yet elegant. It's fun and thinks outside the box. Do I need to go on?"

"Kind of a weak defense there, bud," I say as I glance at him through the rear view mirror.

"I'm working on it!"

"And the reason you have a weak defense," Liam jumps in, "is because your bow-ties are weak themselves."

"They shouldn't even be considered noodles," Niall says.

"Oh, alright, Mr. Angel-Hair-Is-The-Best-Noodle," he retorts in a mocking tone.