54. Walking on Sunshine

I was sure something below me was shaking me. It was gentle but my strong enough to rock me up and down. Either that or I was on a boat in my dream.

I didn't want to open my eyes to check. I was too overcome with exhaustion and enjoying my sleep that I just try to ignore it.

Until the thing below me shaking made a human noise. Laughter, to be specific.

I force one of my eyes to open, the skin around my eyes scrunching as I adjust to the bright lightening in the room.

More shaking occurs followed by a deep rumble of laughter. I slowly lift my head, forehead creasing in confusion. My attention turns to what I was laying on. Harry.

He smiles brightly at me like he was the morning sun in the sky. His clear green eyes sparkle and bounce light from the open window. Birds chirp outside and the ocean excitedly crashes back and forth on the shore. Everything was so bright and happy, quite the opposite of my confused and sleepy mood.

It wasn't until I looked down and saw how I was positioned that I really woke up. My entire body was flat on Harry's. My legs are wrapped around his waist like I was climbing a fucking tree. My arms are loosely around his ribcage. I assume my left cheek was resting on his chest because it felt warmer to the touch than my right.

He shakes me with his deep laughter again. I squint my eyes at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Something funny?" My tired voice croaks like I've been a smoker for ten years.

"Yeah, you." He smiles again and his phone screen comes in front of my face.

My eyes squint at it before widening. It was a picture of me moments before I woke up, holding onto him for dear life. My hair is sprawled out to the side with some on my cheek, exposing my bare back. The blanket was resting on my lower back, giving room for imagination. You could only see Harry's tattoo-cladded arm resting lazily over one of my arms like it was there all night and he didn't bother to move it for the picture.

"You're like a koala." He chuckles and throws his phone to the side. "Found a new nickname for you."

"Oh, god." I drop my forehead on his chest. It's too early to be this embarrassed. "Please delete that."

"Hmm, I'll think about it, my little sleeping koala."

"I hate you," I grumble, knowing he's not going to delete it or drop the nickname. I turn my head to the side to rub away the sleep in one of my eyes.

"Sure seems like you do," he says with a playful tone, chuckling again. "On me like a fucking koala all night long, huh?"

I look back up at him and quietly groan, too tired to respond to him. I begin to move my hands, feeling them wake up as I attempt to gracefully get off of him.

"You realize if I'm the koala, you're the fucking tree I'm on."

"I'll be a tree any day if that means you're the koala on me." He cheekily grins at me, winking. "Climb all over me all you want, darling."

I let out an amused laugh, not being able to get off because his words made me stop to laugh.

"Did you read that off a greeting card, you fucking cornball?"