Chapter 2

We walked into the church hearing the man already started preaching.

Pastor Elliot^

My grandma put a finger to her lips telling us to shush.

We snuck to the front and sat in the 3rd row.

This can't be that bad.

I checked the time for the 10th time in the last 5 minutes.

Oh my god and I thought school was boring. I looked down the isle to Tatum, he feels the same way about church as I do.

I saw the boredom across his face. While my grandma wasn't looking a texted him memes about church to him.

I waited until he received it. He read it then chuckled loudly before covering his mouth.

I covered my own mouth trying to hold back my laughter.

When the feeling of laughter fades away I look around stopping when I saw a girl in the front row next to a red head and a older blonde lady.

She's really beautiful. I couldn't help but stare. I wish she'd turn around. I can only see a little section of her face but then she tucked her hair behind her ear giving me a full view of the side of her face.

She looked up and around spotting me instantly. I guess she felt my gaze but I didn't look away.

She looked back forward but kept glancing back at me until I felt a pinch on my arm.

"Pay attention." My grandma said through her smile. I rolled my eyes and looked back up at the pastor Elliot.

After the longest hour of my life the pastor invited our family to come over to his house for dinner. Watching that service has me starving.

We walked into their house that was right next to the church and went straight to the living room.

He sat down in front of us smiling with a Bible in his hand.

"So how are you guys liking the town so far?" He asked and I shrugged. "I've only been here for a few hours"

"Jade DONT be rude." Does She want me to say that this town sucks and that I want to go back home because I can... you know what I will.

I cleared my throat "Actually I think this town stinks and it's boring. I would love to return back home." I said with a fake smile.

I felt my grandma nudge me in my side.

"It's fine. I was a teenager too once. I understand how you feel. If you'd like, you can go upstairs to my daughter's room." He said and I raised a brow at took his offer.

He told me the directions and I followed the
coming up on the door with a sign saying "Keep calm and love Jesus" Boooo!

I knocked on the door hearing a soft "come on". I walked in the room seeing the girl who caught my eye earlier. Thanks pastor, I guess god sent him a message.