Chapter 20

Saturday
Molly's POV

I sat in the chair waiting for the last kid to leave which happened to be Taylor.

I smiled watched Jade and Taylor do their little handshake. It's adorable. Taylor left with her mom leaving Jade and I alone.

I miss her. Like a lot. Yes, I see her a lot in a week but it's weird. There's something about her that I miss that I just can't quite figure out.

Maybe I just need to spend time with her. You know just me and her. No kids, no parents or grandmas or brothers, our friendship. Just us.

I walked over to her seeing her texting.

"Hey Jade"

She rolled her eyes at her phone and locked it before turning to me. "Hey" she said trying to smile but failed.

I frowned "What's wrong?" I asked.

She shrugged "Nothing. Just ready to go home." She sighed.

"Yeeeaaah about that.... we should have a sleep over." I said playing with my fingers. I don't know why she makes me feel like this. So... so nervous.

She chuckled softly "I don't think your father would love that idea."

I rolled my eyes "Who cares what he thinks. He can live with you staying over for one night."

She shrugged "If you think he won't mind, I guess we're having a sleepover." She said smiling making my heart flutter.

"Come on. The sooner we go, the quicker we can braid each other's hair and talk about boys." I joked but she froze. "We aren't seriously doing that right?"

I rolled my eyes "No Jade. We are not." I said then pulled her boy her arm out the church.

***

My father looked back and forth between us, stopping on Jade. "Go ahead-" "yesss! Ok come on." I said pulling Jade's arm up stairs be he stopped us again.

I groaned and turned around "Yes daddy"

"Leave the door open. Wide open." He said glaring at Jade slightly. I nodded and pulled Jade upstairs to my room.

"I think he's starting to warm up to me." She said sarcastically.

I chuckled and took off my jacket and shoes. "Believe It or not he doesn't hate you Jade." I said sitting in the edge of my bed.

She scoffed and leaned against my dresser. "Please. Hate is an understatement. That man despises me." She said shaking her head. "He doesn't even know me. He just knows what I like." She shrugged.

I raised a brow at her. What does she mean by that. "What do you mean?"

She stared at me for a moment before saying "You're serious? That was a serious question?"

"Umm yeah."

She rolled her eyes chuckling. "Vagina Molly" She said bluntly.

"Oh! Right...." I said. I didn't know she meant what she likes. Well this is awkward.

Wanting to change the subject immediately I say. "Why don't you take off your shoes and stuff."

She looked down over clothes and but her lip nervously. "Yeah sure." She gulped as she pulled her jacket off then her shoes after.

I grabbed my computer and sat it in front of me in the bed. "Do you wanna watch a movie?"

She nodded "Sure" she said sitting on the other side of the bed, on the edge, basically falling off the edge.