Chapter 38

(Unedited)
Shane's POV

Lux pulled in front of my house and put the car in park. Elliot stayed back to help clean up and Molly wanted to stay with Jade.

What happened tonight was so fucked up.

"Thanks for driving me home you didn't have to." He smiled and looked over at me "Anytime Shane. I'm sorry about my crazy ass family."

I laughed "It wasn't that bad. Everyone's family has their own problems you know. Ours just has a little more than others." He said chuckling softly.

"It was nice meeting you though, I hope I'll see you again."

He smiled "Oh trust me you will. You got my number. Use it." I blushed and nodded. I opened the door and got out but before I closed the door he spoke again.

"If your boyfriend is being an ass, call me. I'll kick is ass for you."He winked.

I laughed "You'll be kicking his ass often then. See you later." I said closing the door. I stepped back from the door and watched him pull off.

I sighed and turned around. Speaking of my boyfriend. Who isn't my boyfriend by the way.

"Who the fuck was that?"

I frowned "What happened to hello? How are you? My name is?"

"Cut the crap Shane?! You fucking ignore me all day and blow me off for some guy I've never even seen around here I mean what the fuck?" I scoffed "You have no fucking right coming here. To my house. And asking me all these questions like we're in a relationship or something." I said walking around him so I could unlock the door.

He grabbed my arm and twisted me around "The fuck do you mean 'Like we're in a relationship'. We practically are so excuse me for being a little pissed off about you coming home with some rando." I rolled my eyes and sighed "This is my home. I didn't tell you to show up here and wait for me." I said simply.

"SO what you don't wanna do this anymore?"

"Jeremiah you just need to get your shit together. And we are not in a relationship until I ask you or you ask me. And if you ask, it's a no. I'm sorry, you just really hurt my feelings, I just want some time." I said then without listening to anymore, I went inside the house.

Jade's POV

"You gonna be okay?"

I smiled and turned to Molly "I'm fine. If you wanna go home you can go home, I'm okay." I said but honestly I think I'm far from it.

I just found out that my mother isn't my mother, but my aunt. A shitty aunt at that. And now I have a shitty cousin too, but I have a dad. And Miranda said he didn't want me. Is that true?

I mean I've always been close to Uncle Skyler. He always called me and checked on me often, now I know why I guess.

"Angel I know you aren't fine. You don't have to lie to me, it's okay to be sad or angry. So do you want me to stay?" I nodded and wrapped my arms around her hugging her "I knew you wanted me to stay." She said playfully.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out of her embrace. I looked towards the door and took a deep breathe. "I'll be right out here if you need anything Jade. Anything."

I smirked "Anything?" She rolled her eyes and pushed me towards the door playfully "Go in the room Jade."

"Alright alright" I said then opened the door, walking into my father's room.

I turned the small corner and saw him sitting up in the hospital bed. He smiled "Hi Jade"

I gave him a small smile "Hi Uncle-I mean umm I-" I chuckled dryly scratching my nape. "It's okay Jade. Call me whatever you feel comfortable with."