Chapter 18

This is the day. I'm breaking up with her today. School just ended about an hour or two ago and I asked her to come over.

I've been rehearsing for what to say. I got this. No need to be nervous.

My phone chimed in my pocket.

I looked at the screen. Lacey's here. Alright it's time. Don't be afraid. It's just her. Cute, friendly Lacey. I walked downstairs and walked past the other bedrooms.

"Jade! Jade I need you to do something." I heard my grandma call.

I huffed out a breathe and walked into the kitchen "Yeah grandma."

"Take these flowers and put them in the vase in my room please." She said holding out a boquete of colorful flowers. Probably from her garden.

I took them from her and began walking to the room when I heard a knock on the door. I took a quick detour to the front door. I opened it and smiled awkwardly at Lacey. She smiled back and looked at me then the flowers.

"Oh sorry my-" "I knew you didn't forget!" She said then hopped into my arms.

She pulled back and pecked my lips. I chuckled nervously "Forget what exactly?" I said

"You're so silly." She said bopping my nose then took the flowers from my hands.

I chuckled again "Right that's me. Jade the clown."

She raised a brow at me "You okay baby?"

I nodded "Y-Yeah I'm great."

"Great! So are we going out for our 1 month anniversary or are you just giving me flowers?" She asked jokingly but at the same time seriously.

"Of course! Silly!" I said pushing her shoulder awkwardly.

She frowned "Are you sure you're okay? You're acting really weird."

"Yup! I'm great! Just dandy. Umm here are my keys go wait in the car." I said the throwing them in her arms.

"W-Wait Ja-" I closed the door.

I leaned against it breathing hard.

What the fuck!

It just has to be our anniversary, the day I want to break up with her. Damn it!

I pulled my phone out and called Palmer.

"Hey! What happened? Did you do it? She didn't take it too hard did she?"

I sighed "I didn't break up with her."

The line went silent "Palmer? Hello?" I said looking at the phone but she was still on the call.

"Oh god Jade. Why not?"

"It's our Anniversary apparently and I had flowers in my hand and she thought they were for her. And now I'm gonna get in trouble because.... well they aren't mines. So now I have to take her out and I don't wanna take her ou-"

"JADE! Calm down."

I nodded and took a deep breathe "Right. Yeah no. I'm calm." I said scratching my head.

"Just take her out. There's this restaurant in the next town over. I'll send you the address. Take her there and have a good time with her. Think of this as the last horra before it's all over. Then break up with her."

"Yes. Okay, Perfect. I got this. Alright I gotta go. I'll see you later."

I hung up and went outside to get in the car.

I put on a smile "Ready?"

She nodded

A/N

So I really didn't think the date needed to be written out but if somebody wants me to, I'll rewrite this chapter.

If nobody cares then carry on and have a nice day.