Chapter 20 (Sports festival)

Everyone in the school was in the stadium, busteling and bumbing into eachother, it was giving me a mild headache with all the extra noise from the crown but I was able to calm myself down so now it's just slighly distracting with all the diffrent conversations going on. 

 I was asked before the ceramony if I wanted to do the speech, since I got first in the entrance exams, but I gave that duty up and it went to Kachan since he got second. Now that I think about it that was probably a bad idea. Kachan isn't exactally "good" at talking to crowds. 

When he's asked to go up to the pudium I say a quick good luck then he's on his way up. Once Kachan steps up to the podium he stays silent for a few seconds,

"I just wanna say...

I'm gonna win."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

The U.A students boo and through out the crowd I can hear snickers and laughs.

"WHY WOULD YOU BE SO DIRESPECFUL, YOU'RE REPRESENTING US ALL!" Iida speaks for our class, making his signature arm gestures while yelling above the rest of the booing students.

"Not my fault the rest of you are just stepping stones to my victory." he shrugs off.

Kachan usually conceals how uncomfortable he is infront of crowds by making his speeches short and rude, so they don't expect more. It's not really a healthy way to deal with it when he's eventually gonna have to talk to a crowd of fans, but it's definitally a better reaction than me, who get's reduced to a pudle of sweat and stutters.

Kachan gets off the podium and is imidietally berated by ("what shitty hair calls it") the bakusquad. Before I can get over to him Miss midnight starts talking , she annouces that we're going to be doing a sort of obstacle race and that the first 42 students who pass go to the second round.

If I used my Mothra form I would probably win the whole festivel no problem (I know this sounds rather pretentious of me, but I've ended up first in mostaly every class drill already), but I made myself a promise before the festivel. I realised that I don't really have the dominant need to win, I'm used to losing. I've learned to truley appreciate top tens, I don't have to do perfect, I just have to do my best. I am going to aime for first, I just feel like it's unfair, taking away their chance to win soulely because I was born with an unfair advantage.

That's why I don't plan on using my mothra form, it's not a vow so I will probably use it in the final round, if I make it, because I DO need to impress some heros if I want to get a some decent requests for internships.

While I was lost in thought the crowd of students shifted to the line up where we would suposidly start the race. I need a plan.

Midnight didn't mention anything besides getting to the end first, this isn't the time to show off my quirk because I'll just get lost in the haze of everyone else, all I have to do for this round is be eficient. This race will obviously have obstacles because of what midnight said, I can assume all most of the hero course students plan on fighting these problems headon to show off their quirk, thinking their sooo much smarter than the others, idiots. (Izuku just hates when people are dumb.) 

The only people that will really pose a threat are Kachan, Todoroki, Momo and possibly others from outside of the hero course who solely want to win to get into the hero course (Like Shinsou.). Todoroki has the fight power to be flashy and get it done, he's also smart so he'll probably not incovinience himself too much. Momo is also really smart, but the whole recomendation thing might go to her head and she could possibly feel presured to show off more. Kachan is a given cosidering he's smart, not Iida book smart, but street smarts like me, he'll probably have the same idea as me and go straight for the win.