Chapter 21 ( Sports festival 2)

(It's our mans, the one and only, Zuko rip off, Hot and cold, pepermint boi, Shoto Todoroki has entered the chat my lads, also this is turning into a dekubowl and I don't know what to do.)

Todoroki POV

I'm a disapointment.

An absolute failure. 

I "Trained" My whole life, have been brought up for the sole purpos of being the best.

But I can't beat some cutsey boi with a weak moth mutation and a explosive self absorbed asshat.

That's what my fathers expects me to be thinking.

Personally I don't mind that fact they beat me.

Midoriya has proven himslef more than once that he's rather talented, he's flexible, strong and his quirk is usufull in all the right ways (not overpowered, but good when used right.) and he has a good heart. Which is more than I can say for myself. Bakugou has also earned my respect, he's strong, smart, and uses his quirk in every way possible. His brashness, anger and pompusnous will probably hold him back slightly but in terms of strength it keeps him determined. 

They're both worthy people to lose too. 

.

.

.

In my opinion atleast.

My father on the other hand, obviously thinks other wise.

I say "Obviously" because I'm currentally in an empty hall with him, during my only time to replenish water. To recover slightly.  But I guess prodigies don't get breaks, my fathers made that pretty clear my whole life. He just finished "Lecturing" (yelling at) me about the loss of the first round, how I'm s dissapointment to him, how I'll never supass all might, how I loss to "Weak" and "Dumb" aponents. 

I certainly know that Midoriya and Bakugou are not "Weal" nor "Dumb".

He yells all this whith his hand gripping my wrist. Keeping me from leaving. In his anger he might or may haven't have noticed himself losing control of his quirk, burning my bare wrist, wich I rolled the sleeves up because I was sweating. When the heat begins to burn I wince and try slightly to pull away, only for him to grip harder and glare, not even stopping his rant. 

He leaves with a scoff pushing me away when he finshes talking, I'm left alone in the hall, this has happened so many times I can't even bring myself to cry I just sit against the wall, hugging my legs. I focus in on the pain on my arm, I look too see a burn, might scar, might not. I honestely never know at this point, there's been so many. 

I sit in silence for a while, trying to remind myself that Midoriya and Bakugou are worthy enoguh to have beaten me, that I am not weak, I'm not a failure. They're strong. I'm strong I got in third. Thirds good. . . Not good enough.

I keep leading myself into self depricating loops until I hear foot steps, I look up too see Midoriya round the corner with two power drinks in his hand, one half drunken.

"Todoroki-kun! I was looking all over for you!" He smiles

What to rub it in.

"Why?" I ask, trying not too sound to rude

"W-well, I bought everyone energy drinks, since there was a surprise vending machine, hehe, and s-since you got in third, I thought you would need it the most!, but when  couldn't find you I thought you got l-lost or maybe h-hurt. so I went looking for you."

He slowley sits down next to me.

Oh. well that confirms it, Midoriya's and angel.

"Th-thanks" I grab the drink Midoriya hold out for me

I crack it open and take a sip, tropical.

"S-sorry if you don't like it, I-i was worried that if I found you later then we wouldn't have time to go back and get you a drink so I-i just got what ever the most brodened range was, which was tr-tropical mix. Y-you don't have to drink if you don't like it, I-i just k-kinda thought that maybe umm, It might b-be nic-"

"Shut up, and once again, Thanks" I say coolely, shit that sounded rude

"o-okay" he mumbles under his breath

We sit in silence for a while.

"Oh my! is your arm alright!!! that burn looks serious!!! I thought all the people who got his by the mines went to recovery girl imidiatally!!!"

"I'mfine" I say, not really wanting to explain my situation with my "Father"

Midoriya stand up, with a new confidence on his face, 

"NO, you're not, cummon I brought burn cream and bandages for KAchan incase he was to "Proud" to go too recovery girl if he burned himself."

I stand up, not wanting to fight against him, his tone sounded stern, a don't fuck with me aura, but not thretaning, more protective, kinda mothe- STOP.

I follow mindlessly as he pulls my good arm along, Muttering under his breath stuff about how "Kachan" only has fire proof arms, and how he doesn't want enyone to know his weakness, and how he doesn't get help or something. Bakugou and his pride.

We get to the lockerooms where we're keeping are out of school outfits. He pulls out a small med kit. and sets the drink in his locker, probably for later. He sits next to me, lightly placing my injusred hand in his lap. 

He uncaps the burn cream with a pop, gets a small amount on his hands, lightly rubbing it around on his fingers, his delicate fingers lightly press onto the fresh burn, slowly rubing the cream in, his fingertips barely grazing my skin at this point. He hums lowley, pulling out another type of white watery substance, pouring a bit into one palm, like a bowl, diping his other finger in it lightly, lathering my burn. The burn cream stung but this kind of liquid is cool, feels refreching in a way, it also smells really sweet, I'm going to have to ask what it is after. 

As Midoriya works on my arm, I feel the heat on my hand while in his lap, the way his wings flutter and his humming hiches when I make a small uncontrolable wince. He gets out the bandages, that look rather stringy then normal, but since the questionable liquid felt nice I'm not gonna question it. The stringy wraping feels like silk, Midoriyas head is lowered, more concetrated, I see his curls fall slightly as he lens in more. 

Have his eye lashes always been this thick and long? 

I see his lashes flutter slighty befor stiling, blinking daintily, his antenna move forward wishing infront of my face, probably not on purpose, theye sway slightly distracting me from my arm, kinda hypnostising me with their sways. One brushes against my nose and I snap.

I lightly firmly grab the one that tickled my nose

"aaAaAAUH." MIdoriya moans abrubtally

Oh well I fucked up, there goes your first friend Soto, good job.

"W-w-well I'm d-done w-w-ith the bandages s-s-s-so umm, well s-sorr-"

"CcCCRK The fifteen minutes are up little listeners, please get back to the stadium or just miss the seconde event of tHE SPORTS FESTIVAL!!! YEAH!! -sorry shouta babCcCCcCCCRk"

the enoucement cuts Midoriya off.

We silentely get up and don't speak a word. 

we grant eachother good luck and head our seprate ways in the crowd of the stadium.

Good job Shoto, you've fucked up.

( 1188 Words )

(Don't worry guys, this isn't replacing the "Shouto backstory" it will happen during the sports festivel, I just feel like they shoul have gotten atleast kinda familiar befor Todoroki drops the    "My dads abusive, plus do you wanna know the story behind this scar" Bomb on Midoriya.)