Chapter 1

Straight A's. Button up shirts. Drama club. Brilliant.

Those four phrases had one thing in common. They all summed up declan donnelly rather well.

One night stands. Piercings. Drinking. Bad boy. Those four phrases all have something in common as well. But, that thing is very different. But those two people were very different.

In other words, Anthony David Mcpartlin was very different from one Declan Joseph Oliver Donnelly.

There were nearly zero similarities. Ant liked drinking and sex. Dec liked maintaining a high GPA and avoiding people like Ant.

Which is why, neither of them had thought thier lives would end up crossing.

-

Especially for students like Ant Mcpartlin, the first day of school was always the worst. And though he was usually caught cutting class, the first day was always an exception. He liked learning about who his teachers were to find out how to pester them the most on the first day. Plus, the first day is the one day people don't mind being skipped. If everyone else was doing it, Ant Mcpartlin was barley breaking a rule doing so. And Ant Mcpartlin, above all, usually lives to break every rule he could, without getting into too much trouble.

Rumour had it that Ant had been caught by the police before. For underaged drinking, for drugs, for several other things. People even thought he got in trouble for fucking a girl in his car in the middle of the school parking lot and when caught he immediately drove at full speed down the streets to escape from the cops. And the fact that Ant just grinned and winked whenever asked about any of the rumours only increased the confusion everyone had about the boy.

Declan Donnelly was a very different story on the first day of school. He'd wake up early, like usual. He'd get himself ready, put on clothes, and put on a smile to show he was having fun. School wasn't particularly entertaining to him, but it was always his priority. School work mattered more than most things to him.

Up until the first class is over, Dec only has a thought about Ant once. Once he's entered the building, rushing to get to his first class, he almost bumps into Ant. Ant's leaning against his locker chatting up some girl with dyed brown hair that she's twirling around her finger and giggling unnecessarily loudly. It wasn't too uncommon, either. It was a well known fact that probably about half the school wanted Ant Mcpartlin. With a leather jacket and killer smile he was known for all around the school, both girls and boys found him hard to resist.
Declan Donnelly, was not the same. Dec's only thought the second he saw Ant was to get away from him. Because he had absolutely no intention in saying a word to a boy like Ant.
Ant barely noticed Dec either. The shy boy walked past just as quickly as he came, not batting an eyelash towards Ant. And Ant had no reason paying attention to anyone who didn't bother pay attention to him because he had all the attention a boy could possibly need at this point.

Needless to say, tue blonde girl and Ant are both late to their next class. And Ant Mcpartlin couldn't care any less.

-

The next class, Dec only hates a bit more. He's fine at first, taking a seat in the corner near the back. Only because he knows the teacher will end up sitting the kids that misbehave in the front, and doesn't want to be near them. He wants to be silent and concentrate. Because that's what Declan Donnelly likes to do. He likes to learn everything, and do anything he's told.

And so, for the next while, Dec listens to the teacher drone on about how the classroom is going to work for the rest of the year. He's probably the only person in the classroom listening, but he's fine with being the only person in the classroom learning.