Chapter 13

Apparently, even Dec's parents get a better impression of Ant than most people do.

Neither of them think Ant is a bad boy, but Dec feels strange too. Ant isn't acting like his normal self, either. Despite the fact he may still have tattoos and look like a total troublemaker, he's acting like a gentleman. He's speaking with a smile, and acting the way parents always want their kids to act. Dec's glad Ant is trying, but it's not fair how he can get away with lying like this.

"So, you two are working on a school project?" Dec's mam asks, grinning at Ant. She doesn't know what Ant is like, obviously, and doesn't have any assumptions to make.

"Yes! Dec's brilliant at Shakespeare! But me, im just trying to catch up, honestly," Ant laughs, plastering a smile on his face. Even Dec's mam believes it, and laughs.

Dec thinks it may be the first time Ant has ever complimented him to anyone else.

"Have you been over often?" His Dad asks, and Dec bites his tongue. He doesn't need him embarrassing him infront of Ant. Although, he tries not to care what Ant thinks, he always has the need to make himself seem better in front of Ant. He has to force himself to look more confident, but that always stops when he's around Ant.

Maybe he likes Ant a bit more than he let's on.

"Every now and then," Ant answers.

Dec doesn't bother doing any of the taking. Ant seems more than fine with it.

"This must be some long project, then," She replies.

And and Dec both stay quiet. Most of their time together definitely hasn't been spent studying or working on a project of any kind. It's been making out and Dec pretending to hate Ant's flirting. Its not like they could tell his parents that. They both wouldn't oppose to the idea of Dec having a boyfriend, maybe. Still, any reasonable parent would probably oppose to the idea of their child having a boyfriend like Ant.

-

After dinner, they go back up to Dec's room. There's still no bedsheets, because Dec had to wash them before his parents left.

Dec falls back onto to empty mattress. "They like you, surprisingly enough."

"So do you," Ant teases, nudging Dec jokingly and sitting down beside him.

Dec just rolls his eyes. "Shut up."

It still surprises him how comfortable he gets with Ant flirting with him nowadays. Sone days, he even wants to kiss Ant out of his own free will, and that scares him. He doesn't want himself anymore invested in Ant than he already is.

They're silent for a moment before Ant speaks, but it's a comfortable silence. "Have you ever broken the law or any rules at that?"

Dec just rolls his eyes at the how stupid the question it. "What do you think?"

"Yeah, i figured not. Drugs?"

"Same answer, idiot."

"You should. Not the drugs, don't get into that. Let's go and break a few rules," Ant suggests.

"Sometimes i wonder if you actually know who i am," Dec rolls his eyes. "Why, nothing illegal."

"Its only illegal if you get caught. Its not like i do anything against the rules. Wow, that doesn't sound like me, does it?" Ant rolls his eyes.

"Is this another attempt to bed me, kiss you, take my top off, or something like that?" Dec asks, sitting up next to Ant. "It isn't working."

"I have tons of other ways of making my Baby Boy kiss me," Ant laughs. "Also I've seen you without your shirt on. It's not a bad sight."